Rasmussen reports Barn fans most loyal according to report.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Whoever posted this reply was spot-on.

You guys are right, I don’t understand it. I’ve been there, plenty of times, and still don’t get it. Much in the same way I didn’t understand the Branch Davidians, Scientology, or Heaven’s Gate. You people are weird and creepy as hell.
49-0.
It is not JUST about football down there.
They really do have a cult mentality.
They honestly believe attending college at a middle of the road state school is a mystical experience.

And yes, I graduated from the University of Alabama, which I freely admit is another middle of the road state school. I love my alma mater. There is nothing wrong with that.
But it is not a Church. It is a university.

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Whoever posted this reply was spot-on.
It is not JUST about football down there.
They really do have a cult mentality.
They honestly believe attending college at a middle of the road state school is a mystical experience.

And yes, I graduated from the University of Alabama, which I freely admit is another middle of the road state school. I love my alma mater. There is nothing wring with that.
But it is not a church. It is a university.

<quote>You guys are right, I don’t understand it. I’ve been there, plenty of times, and still don’t get it. Much in the same way I didn’t understand the Branch Davidians, Scientology, or Heaven’s Gate. You people are weird and creepy as hell.
49-0.</quote>
Auburn has simply the most delusional fanbase around. One way to gauge it is that PF Show is broadcast all over the nation and his show is designed to bring out the cookiest fans out there. By my count, Auburn has every other school beat 2-1 in this category.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The "value" part actually goes back to a WSJ article which was based on self-reported attendance, revenue and expense figures. Do you all understand now?
What I'm saying seems to have flown past all. I've seen AU's numbers on attendance, income and expense. They stink to high heaven and they're the ones supplying the numbers the "value" is based on to the WSJ, which is what the article is based on...

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i just dont understand articles like that. it's like the writer doesnt actually see this stuff in person. I live about 4 blocks from Jerdin Hair. at halftime of both the UGA and A&M games, it was like someone pulled a fire alarm.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
There are lies, **** lies and then there are statistics.. Mark Twain

Don't know if that is right phrase or not, but pretty close. Sometimes I believe you can substitute survey for statistics in that phrase and the meaning will still be true in its intent.
They used the statistics like a drunken man uses a lamp post. For support rather than illumination.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It all makes sense now. I guess being delusional makes everything seem much more than what it really is!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
Those numbers were widely ridiculed and regarded as false and inflated when they published them. In fact, they were flat impossible, given their attendance. That was before they got incorporated into the Journal article...

stew0729

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2011
My boss, who is a HUGE aubarn fan, told me she stopped going to the games mid season and starting watching Bama because she was tired of watching ugly football. How is that for loyalty???:cool2:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The "value" part actually goes back to a WSJ article which was based on self-reported attendance, revenue and expense figures. Do you all understand now?
A poll conducted by Rasmussen based partially on unverified info from the Wall Street Journal...:biggrin::rolleye2::biggrin2::confused:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
What I'm saying seems to have flown past all. I've seen AU's numbers on attendance, income and expense. They stink to high heaven and they're the ones supplying the numbers the "value" is based on to the WSJ, which is what the article is based on...
I understand. It's like ALL politicians that extol their party's line when they are ALL sticking it to us. In other words...lie, deceive, misrepresent...etc...etc.

Roll National Champions, Roll...A'ight!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.