Rasmussen reports Barn fans most loyal according to report.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
My boss, who is a HUGE aubarn fan, told me she stopped going to the games mid season and starting watching Bama because she was tired of watching ugly football. How is that for loyalty???:cool2:
I had several friends do this also. They would not even watch them on TV, not that I blame them, but this is not loyalty and would be unheard of from a very high majority of Bama fans.

Tide-one-on

All-SEC
Aug 14, 2003
Pensacola, FL 32514
I sold licensed product for over 26 years and I got news for you! Auburn ranked a distant 5th or even 6th in sales behind Alabama-Florida-FSU-LSU and maybe Georgia...As soon as they lose one game, you can start canceling orders

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Rasmussen is based on the flawed (self-reported, self-manipulated) figures. Can any sane man really maintain that, if the Bama franchise and the Auburn franchise were on the market, that Auburn would go for more money? That's a joke and not even a good one. "Sure, I'll pay more for this franchise that's won two national championships in over fifty years over this other one that won the last 3 out of 4." That's laughable and I can't believe they printed it...

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
A thought on a post here about accepting their current mediocrity so closely removed from a BCSNC*. IMO whether they admit it or not, they know in their subconscience that it was bought. Not only bought but lucky in about 5-6 of their games that year. They also know that Fairley played dirty, was encouraged to do so, and was an embarrassment. So it's a very easy slide down that slippery slope back into their old mindset, hence poor attendance.

Very different than an LSU or Florida fanbase in their post BCSNC years.

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
A couple of things come to mind here. There was a post on tidefans back in November that had a link to an Auburn message board where the fans were talking about how "football's just not that important, there's more to life." I also think of my friend telling me she went into a Campus Spirit the other day where they had all of the Auburn stuff on the right side of the store on sale but not the Alabama stuff on the left side. I seem to remember the Iron Bowl where the AU marching band made up the majority of the AU fans in attendance that day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.