ELY to South Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Re: ELY to South Florida

Nope. That means we're starting completely over at the QB position this year. Sims doesn't count and never did.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Agree it is not a big surprise that he's left Alabama. I would like to thank him for his contribution to No. 15 and wish him luck at South Florida

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Sims has never ran the base Alabama offense but sort of a "package". Our #2-3 QBs are just now getting here.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012

Yeah, the New Orleans website has a complete teaser story.... not even a teaser title.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Your comments are uncalled for. How does Bama completely start over at QB McCarron returns and the main backup does as well. Come on man..
The QB unit(2-4 deep) is being completely reworked before your very eyes if you open them. This Spring is going to be something fer sure.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Nope. That means we're starting completely over at the QB position this year. Sims doesn't count and never did.
Kinda cruel there buzzin.:frown: Sims is a valuable member of the team. If AJ went down last year Sims would have been the man. That counts for something.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Because the Nuss had ruled Ely out(don't know why) early in the season.
Now you want to explain to me why Sims didn't ever run the base?
Sims will run his package this year(imo) but we will see a clear three-deep within the QB unit.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

My $.02 bets Morris, DelRio, and the kid from Utah battle for the #2 slot and heir apparent while Sims runs and expands his package.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Hate to see it if true. (I have to admit, I didn't read the article so I don't know how legit it is) I have always liked Ely as he reminded me a lot of McElroy, but I think it will be in his best interest to move on. I get the feeling that Cooper Bateman (if he lives up to his hype) will be groomed from day one to replace McCarron in 2014. Sims will probably be used more as a utility qb in those two years, but I don't think Saban will ever start a qb of Sims style. I will be interested to see how big of a qb battle ensues after AJ leaves.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

I think Sims ran some QB this season out of necessity. Had the other Sims stuck around, Blake would've stayed at RB, particularly with the multitude of injuries that piled up back there as the season went on.

I think when AJ does leave after next season, or if (God forbid), he's injured, Alec Morris will be who you see under center. With Morris & Bateman, I think we're pretty set. They both have the physical tools. And if it were me, Bateman would get the nod just based off of raw talent alone, but the competition that each has faced up until this point (Morris's redshirt season notwithstanding) Morris's competition in Texas was MUCH stiffer than Bateman's in Utah. And Morris just seems more ready at this point. I'm rooting for them both, and I'm not by any stretch, discounting McLeod or Del Rio. We're in good shape.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

This spring is gonna be a hoot. With Sims and AJ being so stable should help the kids get a lot more reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.