Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Is A&M in 2013 the Arky of 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    How many months does CNS have to get ready for Johnny Football? 'Nuff said. Not that he needs it. He has the answer. We were just a tired team this year when we played them. Not the case next year. And if JF keeps screwing around like he is the term sophomore jinx won't even come into play; he may never even see the field. What's the worst a Heisman winner has ever done the following year? We may be about to find out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Although I enjoy your sentiment, and I agree we should beat aTm with a whole summer to prepare...the question at hand isn't who will win, Alabama or aTm, it's "Will aTm be next year's Arkansas 2012". HUGE difference.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team MightyWingman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for having me on your website.
    Last edited by MightyWingman; January 26th, 2013 at 07:18 PM.

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    Although I enjoy your sentiment, and I agree we should beat aTm with a whole summer to prepare...the question at hand isn't who will win, Alabama or aTm, it's "Will aTm be next year's Arkansas 2012". HUGE difference.
    Guess I was taking for granted that aTm shouldn't even be close to as bad as Arkansas 2012, especially overall talent-wise. They have the chance to be excellent. Their problems may come in, as someone suggested, drinking the Koolaid and Johnny Football really getting out of control. But no way should they have the deficiencies as Arkansas, IMO, even if Petrino hadn't screwed up like he did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is A&M in 2013 the Arky of 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWingman View Post
    I don't have to ask Mike Johnson, I can just ask Bruce Matthews. He and his family live 4 houses down from me. Bruce is the OLine coach for the Titans, I'm pretty sure that he's coached all of his sons since they were kids at all OL positions. Also, ALL of our OLine were recruited by Mike Sherman. He is now the OC for the Dolphins and specialized in OL coaching throughout his college coaching career. I've known the Matthews family for well over 20 years and am sure he and his kids are more than ready to move positions at the drop of a hat. Last year when Sumlin wanted to RS Mike, Bruce said no. Sumlin wasn't exactly sure how to take it, but Bruce then reminded Sumlin that A&M would need a deep snapper. Even though Mike never even attempted it prior to that conversation, he was our deep snapper last year. As a matter of fact, Bruce started showing Mike how to deep snap within 24 hours of that conversation.

Our D is what concerned me last year and what concerns me next year. Our offense will be much better than what it was for a few reasons, namely because of all of the RB's that become eligible. Tra Carson (transfer from Oregon) and Brandon Williams (transfer from Oklahoma) combined with Trey Williams and Ben Malena.
    Oh well then I guess there is nothing at all to worry about. Enjoy Pasadena.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    Oh well then I guess there is nothing at all to worry about. Enjoy Pasadena.
    I'm not worried about too much, except for the 3 games that I mentioned. I never once claimed that we'd be going to the BCS Championship game next year.
    Last edited by MightyWingman; January 26th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

No, aTm has been stockpiling recruits for a couple of years now, whereas Arkansas had a one hit wonder type of class which produced the vast majoritry of their success. A&M also has some semblance of a defense which Arkansas never had. A&M isn't just Manziel, and they will be tough to beat next year barring major injuries. I still think we win, and I don't even know that it will be close, but I fully expect aTm to be tough to deal with for a few years to come.

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

No! A & M will continue to win in the SEC. There's a lot of talent in Texas and A & M is going to get more than it's fair share.

Now! Hopefully, they will have a HUGE Target on their back like Alabama does most years.

They do have a very easy schedule. Looks like they play two high school teams, Rice and SHSU, prior to the Bama game.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    No! A & M will continue to win in the SEC. There's a lot of talent in Texas and A & M is going to get more than it's fair share.

Now! Hopefully, they will have a HUGE Target on their back like Alabama does most years.

They do have a very easy schedule. Looks like they play two high school teams, Rice and SHSU, prior to the Bama game.
    Don't forget the UNM Lobos later in the season!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

No way. A & M actually has a good coach.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think the aTm having two games before Alabama may be more to their advantage than Alabama having an off week before the game. Remember when aTm played Alabama last year it was the 9th straight game (3rd on the road) with no bye week. I had also thought about the fact that jake and Mike Matthews have a Pro OL coach at the dinner table with them.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Not a chance. I don't know how good TAMU will be this year, but they will be nowhere near what Arky was this year. They have have too much talent and they have good coaches.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AggieMom View Post
    I actually think the aTm having two games before Alabama may be more to their advantage than Alabama having an off week before the game. Remember when aTm played Alabama last year it was the 9th straight game (3rd on the road) with no bye week. I had also thought about the fact that jake and Mike Matthews have a Pro OL coach at the dinner table with them.

I'd expect that as a homer attitude. However, Saban is not known for squandering open dates,so I guess we'll just have to play the game after all...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I'd expect that as a homer attitude. However, Saban is not known for squandering open dates,so I guess we'll just have to play the game after all...
    Definitely not trying to be a homer, but I can see how two games to tune up could be an advantage. Can't you? I just think some people make too much of an open date, particularly one that early in the season. Later in the season, yes, an open dates is important for healing etc.