Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team CrimsonDollar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Vols fans all up in arms with Coach Saban as guest speaker in Tennessee

Reply from the Athens Chamber is fantastic:

"Thank you for expressing your sentiments regarding University of Alabama coach, Nick Saban coming to Athens to speak. I am sorry Coach Saban’s visit to Athens would provoke you to change your travel plans and withdraw your support from Athens businesses, especially since they had no part in the decision to invite Coach Saban.

I also understand this is Tennessee, therefore “Big Orange Country”. However, not everyone who lives in Tennessee are Tennessee Volunteer fans... I dare say that even in the Sweetwater community alone you would find a variety of fans from a plethora of colleges and universities across the nation, and while loyalties to teams can run very deep, there is typically a respect for successful programs, seasons, athletes and coaches.

It is out of such respect for Coach Saban’s success in the sport of football and his obvious ability to motivate a group of people to focus, work hard and reach a goal successfully, that the Chamber made the decision to invite him to speak. We are sure everyone in attendance will learn something from him that they will be able to apply to their everyday lives, which will hopefully not only benefit them individually but also the places in their sphere of influence, be it their workplace, home, church, school or recreational outlet.

This event was scheduled during the summer of 2012 prior to Coach Dooley’s leaving and Coach Jones’s hiring and we are anticipating a fun evening for everyone who decides to purchase a ticket and attend. Last year’s event celebrating UT’s ’98 National Championship with Coach Fulmer, Al Wilson and Peerless Price was great, as were the years Coach Steve Spurrier spoke, and Coach Bruce Pearl, and Pete Rose. A couple of years the speakers were not associated with sports…but, Kirk Cameron had a great message, as did “The Incredible Hulk” Lou Ferrigno.

Again, thank you for contacting us and expressing your opinion. I do hope you will reconsider and continue enjoying Athens businesses you have supported in the past.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me."

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Vols fans all up in arms with Coach Saban as guest speaker in Tennessee

This warms my heart to see!
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I hope the idiot who said he was gonna ask about boosters and our S&C program doling out illegal substances does... When Saban was in Dallas last summer someone asked about Dee Hart and a internet rumor. Saban ate that dude up. When he tried to sit down Nick called him out, made him look like a fool. It is hard to do but, I think UT fans are bigger pieces of trash than barners.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

anywhere BUT the pit of HELL called opelika/goobers corner.

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    I hope the idiot who said he was gonna ask about boosters and our S&C program doling out illegal substances does... When Saban was in Dallas last summer someone asked about Dee Hart and a internet rumor. Saban ate that dude up. When he tried to sit down Nick called him out, made him look like a fool. It is hard to do but, I think UT fans are bigger pieces of trash than barners.

I would love to see a video of this or an audio clip. Are there any?

BamaNation Second Team Bama Czar's Avatar

They are known as the dumbest fanbase in college football for a reason.......

Domination of Tennessee has been key to our resurgence. May it long continue.

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    "What Goes Around..Comes Around"..And it's coming around really hard on The Barn & The Viles..The best part of it..Their bad times are self inflicted wounds..Just imagine how bad things will be if the NCAA comes down hard on them..I have absolute zero sympathy for the idiots..It couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch..
    AMEN! I could not have said it better.

Our friend Phil may have a new job.

http://johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/a....php?id=104403

The hilarious part is the complaining about the effect on their recruiting. I know that area very well, and I can't think of the last time it turned out a recruit who would interest Bama and Saban. The PED thing I think they picked up from AU sites, where it's a constant theme now. "It can't possibly be that they've out-recruited, out-coached, out-S&Ced, and out played us. It must be they're using PEDs." Personally, I'd contribute in a moment for a couple of truckloads of PEDs to be shipped to UT and also to AU. They'll still lose. I'd just like to see that excuse disappear. With AU, it was the oversigning/attrition argument until, OOPS!, someone discovered that their attrition rate was far, far worse than ours, so that talking point disappeared, so something else had to be found...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

So the bottomline with this idiot is that Bama hits to hard. Ha.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

Having Saban speak up there hurts as they are trying to rebuild their program. Are Tennessee fans going to suddenly become Alabama fans since they are down right now?

Doesn't the Birmingham Quarterback Club regularly have guest speakers from various schools, including Tennessee and other out of state rivals?

BamaNation First Team BamaBoots's Avatar
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Vols fans all up in arms with Coach Saban as guest speaker in Tennessee

I like it. It's kind of like begging.