Vols fans all up in arms with Coach Saban as guest speaker in Tennessee

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
If that University burned down tomorrow I couldn't be happier. They earned every bit of their misery on or off the field. I'm just glad we can be a big part of it.

I should have said that since they may actually burn down the school to collect the insurance money at this point.
POTY nominee. I know it's early in 2013, but this has to be a favorite.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011

My birthday present from my wife.

The viles up here in Knoxville are still going bonkers over the Saban talk in Athens, TN, especially the billboard on I-75. One of her many vol fan coworkers just can't understand it, but knowing what big Bama fans we are (she's a converted UT grad who's now a diehard Bama fan just like all my wives) he got these tix for free for her from a good friend of his on the Athens COC. Needless to say I will be making a nice contribution to Athens and to Nick's Kids for the event. It ain't easy living amongst all these vol fans but it sure is fun to kick them harder when they're as low as can be.

She told me I have to say that she's my only wife.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Outside of Memphis, Tennessee in general is not a recruiting hotbed. They've had to go into GA and FL for years.The 2014 class out of TN will actually be a very good class for their state, so I think some of their insecurities are coming out.
CNS has had the pick of the litter from Tenn since he arrived at the Capstone.

Hightower, all the Jones, Brandon Hill, Jabriel Washington, Brandon Ivory, Keiwone Malone, Chris Jordon, and Alex Watkins.
the 2009 class was the only class that didn't have a player from Tennessee.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
What I find ironic about this is that their boy TennStud heard Saban speak a few years ago and he had nothing but glowing comments. See below:

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119409
Wow. Just read that for the first time. Don't think I could've ever begun to say it that well. Doesn't matter though. Adams is still the biggest ... well can't say it here. It's hard to think of the early 2000s, Means, probation, etc, etc, etc without thinking of that creep who I'm sure had a hand in all the Memphis mess and Phat Phil's shenanigans. It's comforting to know that he knows that Saban would never have gone to that cesspool up here in Knoxville.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I have some friends in Knoxville who are Bama grads. They posted on Facebook they went to the alumni meeting last night and the guest speaker was Johnny Majors. They said he said Saban was the best coach on the country but added "don't quote me on that". They posted a picture of him and he doesn't look too bad. I'd post it here but my friends are in it so I won't violate their privacy.

Someone asked how he felt about his Fulmer and they said he made no mention of the Great Pumpkin.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
On a side note, that boneheaded fan base STILL wants Cuonzo Martin to be fired at the end of the season, despite the fact that he has never lost to Florida and two weeks ago, he handed Kentucky (the defending national champions and tennessee's biggest rival on the court) one of the worst defeats in their storied history. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

As for their football program, it's karma. They are now going through what we went through many years ago, except much worse. In trying to take us down, the great pumpkin set their program back a hundred years. They are on their third head coach since he was sent packing. They have already written off Butch Jones as a failure. They desperately hold onto the pipe dream of landing Gruden one day. As soon as he gets there, Saban will have "met his match", they like to say. :biggrin: To be honest, I wish Gruden would go there just to watch him get processed as well. In a nutshell, tennessee and Vanderbilt have traded places, and I couldn't be happier.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
Vile radio station hoping to 1-up Saban w / upcoming pep rally

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/03/tennessee_radio_station_hoping.html
Tennessee radio station hoping to one-up Nick Saban with upcoming pep rally

Tennessee fans have been in up arms
in recent weeks about an upcoming appearance by Alabama head coach Nick Saban at a Chamber of Commerce event in the city of Athens, Tennessee. The fact that Saban's June 11 appearance has already sold over 1,000 tickets added more fuel to the fire, and now a local radio station in Knoxville is trying to do something about it.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
Re: Vile radio station hoping to 1-up Saban w / upcoming pep rally

That's spectacular considering the event is in the heart of Big Orange country and the population of Athens, Tennessee, is only 13,000.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

That's spectacular considering the event is in the heart of Big Orange country and the population of Athens, Tennessee, is only 13,000.
It must have grown since the last time I stayed there on the way to a backpack in the Smokeys...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Mayfield Dairy is headquartered there.

Bama 15

Feb 19, 2013

I have my ticket. Last I heard the event is sold out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.