Vols fans all up in arms with Coach Saban as guest speaker in Tennessee

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=7&f=1372&t=11214371&p=1

here is my favorite post from the thread:

"I HATE Alabama and everything that represents it.

The University of Alabama, it's employees and even students, are the enemy. They do not, nor will they have, my respect. Certainly not someone whose leadership skills are primarily comprised of an unhealthy obsession with control, berating subordinates, breaking contractual commitments, etc. These are all excused because of the end result, but they certainly reflect on his "leadership."

My personal opinion is that history will reflect upon this particular enemy as the greatest and most innovative S&C cheater in collegiate sports history. He makes Doc Kriess from Vandy look like a GNC store clerk."

WOW, just WOW!!!:rolleye2:

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
LOL @ that idiot.

That guy is really trying to convince people that his lie has some merit to it. UT and AU fans can start a support group.

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
UT fans rather hate CNS than to acknowledge the fact that he is actally a good guy. So those guys deserves everything their team gives them.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Used to have business partner that lived in Athens. Too bad I don't have reason to visit, this summer.

Anyway............yet another reason not to respect 10RC.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well Tennessee needs to look in the mirror. If they hadn't been so desperate to beat us that they worked in conjunction with Darth Kramer, we don't get hit with major sanctions, we have fewer coaches and - probably - Saban is not even here.

Thanks, Vols.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Unfortunately, these sentiments are what I hear daily in Tennessee. I generally ignore them as I consider the source. If there was a glimmer of intelligence among them, they would jump at the chance to learn something from a man who is obviously exceptionally successful at what he does.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
"What Goes Around..Comes Around"..And it's coming around really hard on The Barn & The Viles..The best part of it..Their bad times are self inflicted wounds..Just imagine how bad things will be if the NCAA comes down hard on them..I have absolute zero sympathy for the idiots..It couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch..

CrimsonDollar

1st Team
Apr 9, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
Reply from the Athens Chamber is fantastic:

"Thank you for expressing your sentiments regarding University of Alabama coach, Nick Saban coming to Athens to speak. I am sorry Coach Saban’s visit to Athens would provoke you to change your travel plans and withdraw your support from Athens businesses, especially since they had no part in the decision to invite Coach Saban.

I also understand this is Tennessee, therefore “Big Orange Country”. However, not everyone who lives in Tennessee are Tennessee Volunteer fans... I dare say that even in the Sweetwater community alone you would find a variety of fans from a plethora of colleges and universities across the nation, and while loyalties to teams can run very deep, there is typically a respect for successful programs, seasons, athletes and coaches.

It is out of such respect for Coach Saban’s success in the sport of football and his obvious ability to motivate a group of people to focus, work hard and reach a goal successfully, that the Chamber made the decision to invite him to speak. We are sure everyone in attendance will learn something from him that they will be able to apply to their everyday lives, which will hopefully not only benefit them individually but also the places in their sphere of influence, be it their workplace, home, church, school or recreational outlet.

This event was scheduled during the summer of 2012 prior to Coach Dooley’s leaving and Coach Jones’s hiring and we are anticipating a fun evening for everyone who decides to purchase a ticket and attend. Last year’s event celebrating UT’s ’98 National Championship with Coach Fulmer, Al Wilson and Peerless Price was great, as were the years Coach Steve Spurrier spoke, and Coach Bruce Pearl, and Pete Rose. A couple of years the speakers were not associated with sports…but, Kirk Cameron had a great message, as did “The Incredible Hulk” Lou Ferrigno.

Again, thank you for contacting us and expressing your opinion. I do hope you will reconsider and continue enjoying Athens businesses you have supported in the past.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me."

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I hope the idiot who said he was gonna ask about boosters and our S&C program doling out illegal substances does... When Saban was in Dallas last summer someone asked about Dee Hart and a internet rumor. Saban ate that dude up. When he tried to sit down Nick called him out, made him look like a fool. It is hard to do but, I think UT fans are bigger pieces of trash than barners.

I hope the idiot who said he was gonna ask about boosters and our S&C program doling out illegal substances does... When Saban was in Dallas last summer someone asked about Dee Hart and a internet rumor. Saban ate that dude up. When he tried to sit down Nick called him out, made him look like a fool. It is hard to do but, I think UT fans are bigger pieces of trash than barners.

I would love to see a video of this or an audio clip. Are there any?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.