Derek Dooley to Dallas Cowboys

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
If I got fired and someone got me a job, I'd be very grateful.
Me too, but I haven't been drawing a head coach's salary for the past few years. If I had I think I would wait for a better position to open up and not one that I will be fired from to save my friends rear in another year or two. But it's just my opinion.

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
Yeah, I like Dooley. He was really unfortunate (or ill-advised) to end up at UT to begin with. I read also that his AD wouldn't renew his assistants contracts in his last year-I think he did surprisingly well given that situation. He could have gone to somewhere like Wake or Rutgers and had an easy ride, winning some, being the hero, and still be there. That place seriously hurt Sunseri's coaching stock as well, iyam.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wonder if he were offered a ob with the Cowboys and turned it down, Tennessee could get out of paying part of his buyout since he rejected an offer of a coaching ob.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wonder if he were offered a ob with the Cowboys and turned it down, Tennessee could get out of paying part of his buyout since he rejected an offer of a coaching ob.
It depends on how the contract's worded. Normally, yes, he would owe the duty of mitigation of damages. Most HC contracts these days, given how shaky the tenure is, go into great detail about the mitigation matter - what sort of replacement job, etc...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.