Who are the water boys/girls on the sidelines?

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
My wife and I were watching the NC game again and she asked the question. Rather than going to Google, I thought I would ask the experts.
What are their official titles?
Are they PhysEd or SportsMed majors?
How are they selected?
Do the same people work all of the games or is there a rotation?
Any info would be appreciated.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
My wife and I were watching the NC game again and she asked the question. Rather than going to Google, I thought I would ask the experts.
What are their official titles?
Are they PhysEd or SportsMed majors?
How are they selected?
Do the same people work all of the games or is there a rotation?
Any info would be appreciated.
At least some of them are in school to be athletic trainers. Wife had a cousin down there doing that job. His job on practice days was to follow Shula around with an Advil bottle. Said Shula popped em like Tic Tac's. he was there for Saban's first season and maybe the second. He can tell the stories.

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Thanks Alistar! I actually never thought about it before she asked the question. I guess I just assumed they were SportsMed majors or something similar. I imagine anyone who works close to the coaching staff and players has interesting stories to tell!

AthleticTrainer

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2007
Birmingham, AL
They are athletic training students in the athletic training education program (ATEP)
They usually spend a semester with different sports. Will also spend time at various clinic and at local high school.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.