Ole Miss Recruiting Question

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I understood what you were saying and it was not pointed directly at you. There were several other more direct posters on the subject. You learn something from indirectly getting to know people and who to listen to and who not to listen to. When you start hearing other people in the know and rumblings from the rivals along with what we have already heard it makes for strong evidence.
I posted early in this thread that I felt the recruiting of Roberts older brother had a lot to do with their recruiting and I still do, but if my comments were taken to mean the other posters comments sounded like sour grapes I apologize. I didn't mean it that way... Actually after reading the comments of the others I am convinced that getting Robert Nemdechice (ck sp ??) the nations number one recruit in Oxford just made the boosters go all in and not stop with just however you spell his last name. Sorry guys, never meant to imply I second guessed your knowledge or sources.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I posted early in this thread that I felt the recruiting of Roberts older brother had a lot to do with their recruiting and I still do, but if my comments were taken to mean the other posters comments sounded like sour grapes I apologize. I didn't mean it that way... Actually after reading the comments of the others I am convinced that getting Robert Nemdechice (ck sp ??) the nations number one recruit in Oxford just made the boosters go all in and not stop with just however you spell his last name. Sorry guys, never meant to imply I second guessed your knowledge or sources.
At this point, the only thing which will stop them is getting hammered like they did under Brewer is inertia on the NCAA's part. It appears to me that they've decided to test the NCAA's will. The NCAA's letting AU skate with a lame excuse is exactly what's brought this on. Now they have to try to get the asylum back under control...

Last edited:

armstjo1

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2010
Ole Miss is exactly like AU some years back. . .down and have been down for some time; couldn't beat their cross-state people for quite a few years, so they've "taken the bull by the horns." The 'slip-shod' N. C. double A is just that. . .operating like a "AA Baseball Team." Only problem. . .Ole Miss is using its "Major Leaguers" in Oxford. . .and seem to be getting the . job done, as long as the "Geo. Washington's or Ben Franklin's" hold out. Something's bigtime amiss over there! (Seems the NCAA only succeeds when the action's directed at us when the silent and unsubstantiated sources crank up).

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Ole Miss is exactly like AU some years back. . .down and have been down for some time; couldn't beat their cross-state people for quite a few years, so they've "taken the bull by the horns." The 'slip-shod' N. C. double A is just that. . .operating like a "AA Baseball Team." Only problem. . .Ole Miss is using its "Major Leaguers" in Oxford. . .and seem to be getting the . job done, as long as the "Geo. Washington's or Ben Franklin's" hold out. Something's bigtime amiss over there! (Seems the NCAA only succeeds when the action's directed at us when the silent and unsubstantiated sources crank up).
Wonder if Trooper is doing a little cross-state consulting? :rolleye2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ole Miss isn't alone in cheating. They are, however, the only ones that decided to cheat way too much in one year.

For instance, a student can't make D's all the time and then all of a sudden make an A. The teacher will be curious about this unbelievable "progression." One or two big name players a year is much less noticeable than what they're doing this year.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
When Tunsil visited Ole Miss he was quoted as saying "he didn't even know what part of the country he was in" now he will be signing with them. Supposedly already told UGA coaches he was. Anyone still wanna stick to "stop assuming Ole Miss is cheating. we sound like Barners line?"

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
There is no way that a recruiting "expert" can justify a 7-6 team jumping to frontrunners for two Offensive Tackles, Golson and Tunsil, that have been laying out the impression that they will not go to the same school...

Ole Miss has never even been discussed on Tunsil's radar until now. C'Mon Man!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There is no way that a recruiting "expert" can justify a 7-6 team jumping to frontrunners for two Offensive Tackles, Golson and Tunsil, that have been laying out the impression that they will not go to the same school...

Ole Miss has never even been discussed on Tunsil's radar until now. C'Mon Man!
That ranking jump comes with the assumption that Nkemdiche signs. At least, I'm going to figure it is.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's a little nugget for ya. Perennial middle-tier 7-6 Ole Miss could sign the top 3 players on 247. Nkemdiche, Jones, and Tunsil. Yep seems legit.
Exactly my point in a previous post about them cheating wrong. Don't be so stupid to get several 5*s all of a sudden.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.