Ole Miss Recruiting Question

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
This isn't really a big deal. First, if they actually sign all they big time guys then great for them. Then there is the development of these players. Then they have to do it about three more recruiting cycles in a row and I will worry.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
This isn't really a big deal. First, if they actually sign all they big time guys then great for them. Then there is the development of these players. Then they have to do it about three more recruiting cycles in a row and I will worry.
I think we can have that feeling for now cause they aren't really taking people we were likely to get. And they're ole miss.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I am surprised that Ole Miss is recruiting so well, but frankly I thought what this staff did with their current roster was worth turning a few heads. Their DL actually vastly over-performed in my opinion. They finished tied for 11th in sacks and 4th in tackles for loss. It was probably the strength of their defense which wasn't great but mostly due to a terrible secondary. I thought their DL gave our OL as tough of a time as any of the top teams we played. Their offense will clearly be an explosive, fun scheme for skill players. So it is no surprise they're landing some skill guys too.

Ole Miss is building off a model similar to what Auburn used successfully for one season in the SEC: explosive on offense, intimidating pass rush. It's not a terrible strategy for a team I find unlikely to consistently recruit top 5 classes like Alabama, LSU, Florida, and Georgia. You have an offense that can score and force the other team to keep pace, eventually one of your d-linemen knocks their starter out of the game, and you win. That was the Auburn 2010 strategy in a nutshell. Will it work long-term? It didn't at Auburn but I think Freeze has a good deal more smarts than Chizik.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I am surprised that Ole Miss is recruiting so well, but frankly I thought what this staff did with their current roster was worth turning a few heads. Their DL actually vastly over-performed in my opinion. They finished tied for 11th in sacks and 4th in tackles for loss. It was probably the strength of their defense which wasn't great but mostly due to a terrible secondary. I thought their DL gave our OL as tough of a time as any of the top teams we played. Their offense will clearly be an explosive, fun scheme for skill players. So it is no surprise they're landing some skill guys too.

Ole Miss is building off a model similar to what Auburn used successfully for one season in the SEC: explosive on offense, intimidating pass rush. It's not a terrible strategy for a team I find unlikely to consistently recruit top 5 classes like Alabama, LSU, Florida, and Georgia. You have an offense that can score and force the other team to keep pace, eventually one of your d-linemen knocks their starter out of the game, and you win. That was the Auburn 2010 strategy in a nutshell. Will it work long-term? It didn't at Auburn but I think Freeze has a good deal more smarts than Chizik.
I think most feel that Gus was the real brains for that team. Their offense was certainly a lot better than the defense...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Yeah, shouldn't Freeze have given maybe the NCAA or a solid reporter's email.

Did he give the Ole Miss compliance e-mail, so the compliance department can stay ahead of any potential wrong doings that have been acknowledged by rival programs?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yeah, shouldn't Freeze have given maybe the NCAA or a solid reporter's email.

Did he give the Ole Miss compliance e-mail, so the compliance department can stay ahead of any potential wrong doings that have been acknowledged by rival programs?
Pretty sure the compliance department would have to report any possibly violations.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Hugh Freeze is weighing in via Twitter:

Hugh Freeze ‏@CoachHughFreeze
If you have facts about a violation, send it to compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please do not slander these young men or insult their family

Kipp Adams ‏@KippLAdams RT @Goldkamp247:
Hugh Freeze's tweet would be so much better had he put @CharlesRobinson's e-mail in there instead of the compliance one.
I guess when all you have to do is kick back and let the cash flow, you've got time to keep up with a Twitter account. ;)

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
If OM flips Miss St commit Chris Jones, who has been committed for a while, then you can bet Starkville will be doing everything they can to uncover some infractions...

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
As "amazing" as OM is turning out to be is lost that UGA may lose put on 8 of the top 10 GA recruits. Imagine if that happned in this state with UA. That is as much of a shocker as anything to me.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As "amazing" as OM is turning out to be is lost that UGA may lose put on 8 of the top 10 GA recruits. Imagine if that happned in this state with UA. That is as much of a shocker as anything to me.
To me, it says that there's been a massive loss of confidence in Richt's ability to get the job done - on the part of the recruits and their families...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.