Ole Miss Recruiting Question

WISHBONE67

Scout Team
Dec 7, 2000
Cleveland, GA
I have to ask the question. Seems to me that Ole Miss has come out of nowhere in recruiting this year. Hearing now that Laremy Tunsil has then in the final three. Look at some other prospects they have commits from and in the running for and I am in shock. Is this just a super nova or what? RTR!!!!!!!!!

WISHBONE67

Scout Team
Dec 7, 2000
Cleveland, GA
Thanks RTR. I just can't imagine that Ole Miss is the last stop on the Freeze train. I don't even give him two more years. Ole Miss ends up 8-9 this coming year and the next and I say he is gone. He might even leave after the 2013 season.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Ole Miss hit a home run when they got Robert Nkemdiche's brother a couple years ago. IMO that has more to do with their recruiting than boosters.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ole Miss hit a home run when they got Robert Nkemdiche's brother a couple years ago. IMO that has more to do with their recruiting than boosters.
Denzell Nkemdiche is the reason Robert will be in Oxford in 2013. He isn't the reason other big name recruits are considering Ole Miss, though. Robert might have peaked their interest of Ole Miss, but they won't play for Ole Miss just to be on the same team as the older Nkemdiche.

There's got to be more to top talent wanting to go to Oxford, Mississippi more than one player.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
They have boosters throwing money around as if there's no tomorrow...
^^ This. ^^

I went to luncheon two years ago and had the opporunity to talk with someone who's name everyone here on Tide Fans would recognize. He said the Ole Miss boosters are shelling out money like you would not believe. He also said no one should be surprised that Ole Miss get's everyone they want out of of South Panola. Translation: $$$$$$$$$$

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
There's got to be more to top talent wanting to go to Oxford, Mississippi more than one player.
Don't shortchange the bonds these kids develope during the recruiting process. It is one year, we will continue to dominate recruiting and on the field as long as Saban has a love for the game. Just because another school other than Auburn, has a great year doesn't mean they cheated.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Don't shortchange the bonds these kids develope during the recruiting process. It is one year, we will continue to dominate recruiting and on the field as long as Saban has a love for the game. Just because another school other than Auburn, has a great year doesn't mean they cheated.
In this case, they are cheating. They have a really deep pocket behind them, the same one who delivered the Massie NSD flip a few years back. Rodney Orr, of TI, is normally so conservative that he was even oblique about Cam, but, on several occasions, he's made no bones about how OM is having this explosion of highly-rated players...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The NCAA has provided the roadmap on how to buy recruits without getting caught, some schools are bound to recruit well with that obstacle out of the way.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I'm glad to see that the Ole Miss recruiting successes this year has raised some red flags with someone other than me. Hugh Freeze may a good recruiter who can offer early playing time, but this is still Ole Miss. Remember who Hugh Freeze is guys- Michael Oher's (Blind Side fame) high school coach hand-picked by Sean the Taco Bell booster. There is something seriously amiss when a 5 star receiver from Illinois and a 4 star DE from Indiana commit to Oxford. And basically every kid in Miss. is all of a sudden committing to the Rebels. These Ole Miss boosters are throwing caution to the wind- they feel like they have nothing to lose and are not worried about getting caught. I agree- this is going to be a problem for a more than a few schools. They are sick of losing and have decided to "make it happen".

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm glad to see that the Ole Miss recruiting successes this year has raised some red flags with someone other than me. Hugh Freeze may a good recruiter who can offer early playing time, but this is still Ole Miss. Remember who Hugh Freeze is guys- Michael Oher's (Blind Side fame) high school coach hand-picked by Sean the Taco Bell booster. There is something seriously amiss when a 5 star receiver from Illinois and a 4 star DE from Indiana commit to Oxford. And basically every kid in Miss. is all of a sudden committing to the Rebels. These Ole Miss boosters are throwing caution to the wind- they feel like they have nothing to lose and are not worried about getting caught. I agree- this is going to be a problem for a more than a few schools. They are sick of losing and have decided to "make it happen".
This is not the first time it has happened. Look back at their history...

WISHBONE67

Scout Team
Dec 7, 2000
Cleveland, GA
Agreed, this is what I keep telling my buds in MS. They are going to get nailed. They have already brought together one of their best classes ever. This is not because of Hugh and his hard work. There was some grease behind those wheels.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
This is not the first time it has happened. Look back at their history...
I remember former OM great, Billy "Dog" Brewer (HC) paying players like there was no tomorrow. He even paid an AA LB from TN to transfer to Ole Miss. They got hammered pretty hard and I believe that's when Tubs took over. After Brewer was fired that is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.