Boy Scouts close to ending ban on gay members, leaders

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not trying to be a smart aleck, but why go gays have to wait seven months to be a Scout? Why isn't the change happening right away?
Well - with 70% of the funding coming from primarily religious groups opposed to what's been adopted, I think it's safe to say the BSA is pretty much dead. Is one of the gay rights groups going to take money they use for political war and finance the Boy Scouts? Of course not.

With I phones and computers - isn't Scouting pretty much dead anyway?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Well - with 70% of the funding coming from primarily religious groups opposed to what's been adopted, I think it's safe to say the BSA is pretty much dead. Is one of the gay rights groups going to take money they use for political war and finance the Boy Scouts? Of course not.

With I phones and computers - isn't Scouting pretty much dead anyway?
You got it.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
What they fail to realize is that the gay community has done more harm than good. It is the parents who chose whether to allow their children to become members. If they don't agree with the policies of the BSA, their children will never attend. No members, no organization.
Hence all the gay community has achieved is to kill a previously honorable and 'family friendly' organization.
Granted it was dying anyway, but that death has now been hastened, and unnecessarily so.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
No offense, but I think you are wrong. Kids are participating less and less in Scouting. Maybe it's because there is less interest, or maybe there is too much for Scouting to compete with..... In most areas that I see, Scouting is something you see primarily (there are exceptions, I'm sure) in the wealthier, more conservative areas. But allowing Gay Scout Leaders -- will do quite a bit of damage to Scouting as a whole.

I'm guessing it will be a race to see which disappears first, Scouting or the NFL (ha!)
PS3s, XBox 360s, and computers are WAY more likely causes of reduced enrollment in Boy Scouts than, say, some shady agenda or conspiracy.

I was in Cub Scouts as a kid. Hated it. Not all kids want to bother with it, and these days they have a lot more options to spend their time.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The Scouts are a relic of a bygone era. I think they'd have survived, but the gay issue is going to hurt their funding.

A gay friend of mine shared a link on Facebook to a thread stared by some friend of his who was mad about the decision. She was angry they would let in gay Scouts, but still would not allow gay Scoutmasters. Most of the people responding to the thread seemed to agree with her, but a few saw it was at least getting their foot in the door of equality.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Why won't gay rights activists allow faith-based institutions to practice their beliefs? I realize they want society to accept them and to respect their beliefs. I sincerely ask why they won't return the favor. Seems like they want one-sided tolerance.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
PS3s, XBox 360s, and computers are WAY more likely causes of reduced enrollment in Boy Scouts than, say, some shady agenda or conspiracy.

I was in Cub Scouts as a kid. Hated it. Not all kids want to bother with it, and these days they have a lot more options to spend their time.
how dare you try to deny someone's god given right to be outraged ;)

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Hence all the gay community has achieved is to kill a previously honorable and 'family friendly' organization.
Don't you think that was always there true intention. How many 10 year-olds are coming out of the closet anyway.

The gay community preaches acceptance but practices the exact opposite. All religions do the same thing but, people here will only single out Christians.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This has nothing to do with gay Boy Scouts but is related in the sense of "things we no longer need." At the risk of alienating folks - do we REALLY need the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds? I'm told that's their top recruiting tool but if that's true then they should have cut something else during sequester. Kids nowadays can see planes on TV - it's not the same as taking flashy planes to rural outposts who have black and white TV.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Don't you think that was always there true intention. How many 10 year-olds are coming out of the closet anyway.

The gay community preaches acceptance but practices the exact opposite.
yeah, those gays are a nasty bunch. it must suck to be on the receiving end of all of their nastiness ;)

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
The gay community preaches acceptance but practices the exact opposite. All religions do the same thing but, people here will only single out Christians.
You're saying all religions do the same thing that you imply gays are doing, i.e. preach acceptance but practices the opposite?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

It just beats me as to why they didn't just start their own organization. Isn't that the "American way"? After all, there's plenty of room for everyone.
Besides, seems to me a "Rainbow Scouts" club would do quite well in certain parts of the country. Like Chicago, San Francisco, Hawaii.. :wink:

No, imo it's more of them wanting to force their own agenda on the rest of the country. Believe it or not, that's not the accepted method of gaining 'acceptance'.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
So, I actually haven't been to the meetings in a while. Can you remind me what our agenda is?
Infiltrate America, weaken the heterosexual male by helping push metrosexuality through promotion of homosexual thought and activities. After the males are too weak to defend the world you reveal your true nature as the Crab People that have lived underground for thousands of years and take over.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Why won't gay rights activists allow faith-based institutions to practice their beliefs? I realize they want society to accept them and to respect their beliefs. I sincerely ask why they won't return the favor. Seems like they want one-sided tolerance.
seems to me that its the boy scouts you should be angry at for not allowing faith-based institutions to practice their beliefs, not the gays. unless the gays infiltrated the boy scout meeting where they voted for this resolution.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It just beats me as to why they didn't just start their own organization. Isn't that the "American way"? After all, there's plenty of room for everyone.
maybe its the fundies who should start their own organization. its pretty clear that the boy scouts voted to follow satan

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Man these bad ole Christians and their beliefs this is a great day that they are going down. How dare they believe anything that goes against gays or anybody that believes differently.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.