Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Delicious Irony: Tennessee is almost "out of business."

Thanks for the post GCT. It makes me feel as good as Snuffles on Quick Draw McGraw when he gets a dog biscuit. "Delicious Irony"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YohXc9x6cUU
    Last edited by Clubfitter; January 29th, 2013 at 05:22 AM.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

2. Advertisement

No one gets more satisfaction outta seeing their downfall BUT,I'd much rather see Alabama beat their ...,especially when it's in knoxville,on the field than this. To me that's even more humiliating! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    "Every picture tells a story,don't it"

Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after this season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Richardson said.

"The university of awebarn!" CNS, 03-06-10

The University of Alabama........keeping the trophy industry busy since 1924! RTR!!!

"I'm just too damn old to start over somewhere else"! CNS 09.19.13

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I knew our program was flush with cash, but $120 million IN RESERVES? I want to believe that, but I'd like to see that verified.
    This article says most SEC schools have reserves between 50 and 100. Bama certainly should be above average.

"With those savings, Tennessee projects a balanced budget in 2012-13, which is a necessity for a program with just $1.95 million in reserves. Building reserves into the $50 million range or more is a priority, said Hart, who added that most SEC schools have reserves ranging from $50 million to $100 million."

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...oley-dave-hart

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I knew our program was flush with cash, but $120 million IN RESERVES? I want to believe that, but I'd like to see that verified.
    Consider it verified... Actually, we're just slightly under that, but not by much...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I sent a daughter to two degrees at UT because her major wasn't available in the state of Alabama, and what she's doing today is a direct result of those degrees. Sometimes, academics have to trump emotions and loyalty...
    But, does it have to be there at that stinking place. Was that institution of "higher" learning the only place with degree offering needed? I'm sure it wasn't so stinking when Neyland was there or when Johnny Majors was there. That place started to emit a very bad odor while The Phat man" was there. I'm sure they got what was coming for providing that double Secret Witness.

Now, I love driving through the hills of Tennessee, but that awful color they use is revolting. I have to turn my head when I see that color. How would you like your office to be painted that color? I'd QUIT!

Well, I do believe what goes around also comes around. It seems that it is currently coming around.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    But, does it have to be there at that stinking place. Was that institution of "higher" learning the only place with degree offering needed? I'm sure it wasn't so stinking when Neyland was there or when Johnny Majors was there. That place started to emit a very bad odor while The Phat man" was there. I'm sure they got what was coming for providing that double Secret Witness.

Now, I love driving through the hills of Tennessee, but that awful color they use is revolting. I have to turn my head when I see that color. How would you like your office to be painted that color? I'd QUIT!

Well, I do believe what goes around also comes around. It seems that it is currently coming around.
    This was a long time ago, about thirty years, long before Fulmer and the current hard feelings, and no, there wasn't a good alternative anywhere reasonably close for her field...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by runatl View Post
    Another important thing that hasn't gotten mentioned:

Tennessee girls are too pretty to not be on TV every Saturday!!!!
    Do those pretty girls have all their teeth at that age?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Hard to hate them they are just so pathetic.
    We can agree to disagree

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    This was a long time ago, about thirty years, long before Fulmer and the current hard feelings, and no, there wasn't a good alternative anywhere reasonably close for her field...
    There was a time, before Fulmer, when I respected Tennessee and pulled for them when they didn't play Alabama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

I've gone over the financials again.

It's not as bad as I initially thought, but it's still really bad.

They really do have to start winning in football, but it really couldn't be a worse time for Pat Summit to go down the path of the Long Goodbye.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    There was a time, before Fulmer, when I respected Tennessee and pulled for them when they didn't play Alabama.
    This was 1982, and I agree. It was before Fulmer managed to totally poison and wreck the rivalry...

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Delicious Irony: Tennessee is almost "out of business."

This article from ESPN downplays the ut debt and makes it sound as if schools like lsu and BAMA are suffering massive debt

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...ollars&id=2837

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    This article from ESPN downplays the ut debt and makes it sound as if schools like lsu and BAMA are suffering massive debt

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...ollars&id=2837

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Written by people ignorant of accounting. Our debt is long-term bond issues to cover the last two expansions, which, given recent history, we'll pay off early. We could have paid cash, but bonds made more sense because, given current interest rates, it's almost free money. The new weight facility, IIRC, was covered by advance pledges. UT's problem is what's called the "quick ratio," in accounting terms and they have to turn things around soon or the state will have to start subsidizing the football program (the way we do UAB), instead of the football program helping fund the university, as in Bama's case...