Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Spencer Tillman: "Saban and Alabama Scared to Death of Texas A& M"

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    It's amazing how one AJ interception throw on the two yard line has the world in awe of A@M and won the Heisman for Johnny Football. Otherwise they'd have blown a 20 point lead, lost to Bama, been considered an above average team at 9-3 heading into the bowl games, AND the Heisman Winner would have been Manti Teo LOL!! Like it or not it's true.
    Ah, that sounds like make believe...

2. Advertisement

I personally hope the 2013 version will be kinda "never again" rematch type game. Tillman is off his rocker again. RTR
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    It's amazing how one AJ interception throw on the two yard line has the world in awe of A@M and won the Heisman for Johnny Football. Otherwise they'd have blown a 20 point lead, lost to Bama, been considered an above average team at 9-3 heading into the bowl games, AND the Heisman Winner would have been Manti Teo LOL!! Like it or not it's true.
    I agree 100%. Two things that should be part of this discussion but for some reason never are:

1.A&M was the 5th game in a really tough 5 game stretch for us and we really came out flat after the LSU win. I told people all year last year how much I dreaded that 5 game stretch.

2.What about UGA? They lost to us in almost the exact same fashion as we lost to A&M. just a few yards away at the end of the game. They score and they are BCS champs and likely preseason #1 going into 2013.

On a side note.....I'm so glad to be talking about things like this in the off season and not anything negative.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

“I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at”
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Well, let`s just see how things go now that everyone will have an off season to ponder on what A&M does offensively. Can Johnny F ad lib his way through `13? Don`t forget. We had a pretty good 2nd half against them and came about 6 yards from winning. Just dug too deep a hole early. Lacy runs it in and I don`t think everybody looks at A&M like it`s "Nightmare on Elm Street"II
    FIFY

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Remember how from December 2008 until 12 months later the spread attack was the end of Saban?

If Spencer Tillman says it then it must be true!

We will see how scared we are next season.
    Vince Lombardi after being asked what it felt like to be the greatest football team in the world just after winning the '66 Super Bowl.-- "I don't know, we haven't played Alabama yet."

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Poor us.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

BamaNation First Team PCBamafan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

This was the week after a physical and emotional game vs LSU, and A&M had an exposed, beaten-down Miss St (destroyed by Bama the week prior to that!).

I know it is an "ifs" and "buts" conversation, but we had them on the ropes before making some less than desired play calling on the last drive. Jalston Fowler's absence didn't help that, either!

Even after AJ's INT, there was still some life left, until the offsides penalty nailed the coffin shut.

Saban and Bama aren't scared...they are DROOLING at the opportunity for a revenge of epic proportions! Will be a nice way to celebrate a belated 100 year birthday for Coach Bryant!
    ROLL TIDE!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Spencer Tillman: "Saban and Alabama Scared to Death of Texas A& M"

I guess Saban should do what Granny Lou said retire. Get while the getting is good.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

After reading the paper's total interview with Tillman, I took this more as a hit job and indictment of Bob Stoops and Oklahoma than anything negative toward us. Some other notable past Sooner greats have come out recently, along with Tillman, and been openly critical of their program, specifically for not playing defense anymore.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

“Nick Saban is scared to death. Because now Kevin Sumlin not only has a system that has been proven to work as a counterpunch at lesser programs like the University of Houston, where you can win 12 (with) the scheme (and) the pace of the game. Now he’s got the Jimmys and the Joes that look just like Alabama’s guys getting off the bus.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! I need what ol Spence is smoking!!!!!!

I forget, how many teams have CNS lost 2 games in a row to the same team? Unless I'm mistaken that would be none.