Spencer Tillman: "Saban and Alabama Scared to Death of Texas A&M"

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Re: Spencer Tillman: "Saban and Alabama Scared to Death of Texas A& M"

Coach Saban relishes a challenge not fears it. Ask Urban Meyer. Ask Les Miles. Ask Mark Richt. ;) A&M and Manziel is a challenge not to be feared but conquered and we Bama fans know better than to think otherwise don't we! ;)

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Oh, I get it, aTm beat the National Champ so THEY are actually the best team from 2012.

I missed that memo.

Here I was enjoying our "Dynasty" status...silly me.

Now all we need is a side by side photo comparison of tillman and Little Richard. Yes and for whomever does it
just for my evil sense of humor I need to see both the young Richard and the modern Little Richard next to tillman. For kicks maybe we can get a teenage Spencer to throw in as well. When I think of teenage Spencer all that comes to mind is Steve Urkel.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

It's amazing how one AJ interception throw on the two yard line has the world in awe of A@M and won the Heisman for Johnny Football. Otherwise they'd have blown a 20 point lead, lost to Bama, been considered an above average team at 9-3 heading into the bowl games, AND the Heisman Winner would have been Manti Teo LOL!! Like it or not it's true.
THIS ^^^^

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

this is what sports journalism is all about these days...started back with mike lupicka. say enough crazy stuff and when one of it finally hits the wall give yourself a nice 'ol pat on the back.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN

I can guarantee you the TAMU game has already been circled by CNS. We'll see how scared we are Sept 14, 2013!

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

It's amazing how one AJ interception throw on the two yard line has the world in awe of A@M and won the Heisman for Johnny Football. Otherwise they'd have blown a 20 point lead, lost to Bama, been considered an above average team at 9-3 heading into the bowl games, AND the Heisman Winner would have been Manti Teo LOL!! Like it or not it's true.
Ah, that sounds like make believe...:wink:

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama

I personally hope the 2013 version will be kinda "never again" rematch type game. Tillman is off his rocker again. RTR

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

I agree 100%. Two things that should be part of this discussion but for some reason never are:

1.A&M was the 5th game in a really tough 5 game stretch for us and we really came out flat after the LSU win. I told people all year last year how much I dreaded that 5 game stretch.

2.What about UGA? They lost to us in almost the exact same fashion as we lost to A&M. just a few yards away at the end of the game. They score and they are BCS champs and likely preseason #1 going into 2013.

On a side note.....I'm so glad to be talking about things like this in the off season and not anything negative.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world

Well, let`s just see how things go now that everyone will have an off season to ponder on what A&M does offensively. Can Johnny F ad lib his way through `13? Don`t forget. We had a pretty good 2nd half against them and came about 6 yards from winning. Just dug too deep a hole early. Lacy runs it in and I don`t think everybody looks at A&M like it`s "Nightmare on Elm Street"II
FIFY

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Remember how from December 2008 until 12 months later the spread attack was the end of Saban?

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl

This was the week after a physical and emotional game vs LSU, and A&M had an exposed, beaten-down Miss St (destroyed by Bama the week prior to that!).

I know it is an "ifs" and "buts" conversation, but we had them on the ropes before making some less than desired play calling on the last drive. Jalston Fowler's absence didn't help that, either!

Even after AJ's INT, there was still some life left, until the offsides penalty nailed the coffin shut.

Saban and Bama aren't scared...they are DROOLING at the opportunity for a revenge of epic proportions! Will be a nice way to celebrate a belated 100 year birthday for Coach Bryant!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

After reading the paper's total interview with Tillman, I took this more as a hit job and indictment of Bob Stoops and Oklahoma than anything negative toward us. Some other notable past Sooner greats have come out recently, along with Tillman, and been openly critical of their program, specifically for not playing defense anymore.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

“Nick Saban is scared to death. Because now Kevin Sumlin not only has a system that has been proven to work as a counterpunch at lesser programs like the University of Houston, where you can win 12 (with) the scheme (and) the pace of the game. Now he’s got the Jimmys and the Joes that look just like Alabama’s guys getting off the bus.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! I need what ol Spence is smoking!!!!!!:eek:

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

I forget, how many teams have CNS lost 2 games in a row to the same team? Unless I'm mistaken that would be none.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I forget, how many teams have CNS lost 2 games in a row to the same team? Unless I'm mistaken that would be none.
While at Michigan State: Nebraska, Iowa, and Penn State in 1995 and 1996; Michigan and Purdue in 1996, 1997, and 1998.

While at LSU: Florida in 2000 and 2001.

While at Alabama: LSU in 2010 and 2011.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.