Tubbs is not a bad guy...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
My Mom met Tubbs on a flight from Charlotte to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday. Believe it or not he was sitting in coach. She introduced herself to him and he was as nice as could be (no cameras were around). In my world, if you are nice to my Mom you are ok in my book.

I cannot imagine any situation where Coach Saban would be sitting in coach.
Coach Saban doesn't fly in Jets. He simply puts his cape on and away he goes. :)

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
My Mom met Tubbs on a flight from Charlotte to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday. Believe it or not he was sitting in coach. She introduced herself to him and he was as nice as could be (no cameras were around). In my world, if you are nice to my Mom you are ok in my book.

I cannot imagine any situation where Coach Saban would be sitting in coach.
Is this the same tubbs that slapped headphones off an assistant? and said the only way he would leave "Ole Miss would be in a pine box"!

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Tubbs in not a bad guy

Well one of these days somebody needs to explain to me why the devious way Tubbs left Ole Miss was ok but Saban is Satan Incarnate for an answer that was at least potentially honest at the time he made it.

Furthermore, Tubs has done it multiple times but gets a free pass. The Lear thing somehow turned Tubs into a victim yet his career is littered with three times the deceit Saban ever showed and yet every year they drag out that Miami quote.
Because Saban is relevant to the world of college football.......Tubs, ehhh, not so much.

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
Re: Tubbs in not a bad guy

Two Tubbs trivia things today though (alliterative i am)

-Stroud burned him a new one
-He wasn't as "all-in" ( synonym for blatant cheater) as that last bunch they had. Key word 'as'.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
My Mom met Tubbs on a flight from Charlotte to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday. Believe it or not he was sitting in coach. She introduced herself to him and he was as nice as could be (no cameras were around).
Did he tell her he had to go to the restroom and then parachute off the plane?

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
It's cool she met him and all but why is this worthy of a thread in the Bama football forum? I'm glad I don't have to see the chump on t.v. here anymore, out of sight out of mind. He's still scum in my book.
The reasons I thought it worthy;

I thought it interesting that he was not a jerk when there were no cameras around.
He flew commercial and he sat in coach.
It is the off season, so what else are we supposed to talk about.
Three pages of responses mean that somebody cared to comment.

Now I am off to comment on a Finebaum Thread...........

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I got all excited when I opened this thread thinking it was a historical piece about William Howard Taft.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Of course a coach is going to fly coach. You wouldn't call this guy First Class would you?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I met Tuberville at his charity golf tournament. He was pretty much a jerk.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.