Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8111213141516171819 LastLast
    Recipes

Re: layers used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.)

Quote Originally Posted by skrayper77 View Post
    You could try and get them for slander or libel, but in those I'm pretty sure the burden of proof lies with the accuser. It's why there are so many gossip mags out there - easy to say, tough to prove never really happened.
    UA wouldn't have a cause of action here. The individual players might. The defamation would be easy enough to prove. However, Ross and company would claim truth for a defense and it would be word against word, unless Ross really does have some sort of recording. Even if the players won, there would be the problem of proving damages, which would be tough for 20 year old players. Finally, it always good to consider the fact that bringing suit may just bring more attention to the original defamation...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.

Scarbinski has an article up about this and the tone of it made it seem like these guys were legit businessmen. He's asking why they would ignore bama and risk players...ummmm because he's a weasel trying to make money.

Re: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.

Considering the NCAA and the Miami debacle ... seriously... this should be a non-issue!!! I cannot even believe we are talking about Deer Antler spray ... and more annoyed that ND and others think we are going to have to vacate wins over this. Unreal!!
    Please tell me this will be over soon and I can continue to celebrate our 15th championship and stop hearing all the nonsense.
    Every year .. just gotta be something controversial!!!! UGH!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

I'd sue errbody if I thought I could get a free year's supply of antler juice. My wife says the changes have been nothing short of astounding.
    RIP Hub

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    I'd sue errbody if I thought I could get a free year's supply of antler juice. My wife says the changes have been nothing short of astounding.
    2 seconds to 4 seconds is a 100% increase
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    2 seconds to 4 seconds is a 100% increase
    See. Astounding.
    RIP Hub

Is this dude with his busyness in Fultondale selling the stuff to high schools players in the area and the state: Gardendale, Fultondale, Mortimer Jordan, other Jefferson County schools, B'ham schools, et al?

Did I understand that the STUFF in question comes out of Houston, TX? Is it being used at Texas A & M, et al?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

and more annoyed that ND and others think we are going to have to vacate wins over this. Unreal!!

This would be in thier dreams that if this does hit the fan and go through the celing, that this will be the only way beat us since they were not able to TCB on the field!
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Heard him on a local sports talk show here in the ATL. Talk about a loser huckster. From my understanding, he had another business that went bankrupt because of false claims. Said he was flying to New Orleans today and Lee Steinberg (disgraced former super agent) was representing him. Couldn't remember name of UGA player that he said was is contact before the SEC game that bought sprays and transmitters from him. As i understood it, he said Bama players bought transmitters but not spray.

Was incredibly defensive for someone who thinks he has a legitimate business. Kept telling the hosts they needed to go do the research on google and that the spray he sells is not illegal or against the rules because it is natural and none of his clients (or products) have ever failed a test.

Sum total : he sounded like what I imagine a male stripper would sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Heard him on a local sports talk show here in the ATL. Talk about a loser huckster. From my understanding, he had another business that went bankrupt because of false claims. Said he was flying to New Orleans today and Lee Steinberg (disgraced former super agent) was representing him. Couldn't remember name of UGA player that he said was is contact before the SEC game that bought sprays and transmitters from him. As i understood it, he said Bama players bought transmitters but not spray.

Was incredibly defensive for someone who thinks he has a legitimate business. Kept telling the hosts they needed to go do the research on google and that the spray he sells is not illegal or against the rules because it is natural and none of his clients (or products) have ever failed a test.

And what exactly would that be? Matthew Mcconaughey? "Alright, Alright, Alright..."

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.)

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post

That would be someone with six pack abs, greased up chest, no neck, and a probably a ready for the next gig.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    That would be someone with six pack abs, greased up chest, no neck, and a probably a ready for the next gig.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

This seems pretty simple to me being in the advertising and marketing business.
    This guy associates his product with the most successful sports teams and individuals.
    His allegations create immediate controversy.
    He may not be telling one ounce of truth or very little truth but the media grabs the story and runs with it.
    By the time the dust settles and little if anything comes out of the original allegations he has received about 15 to 20 million dollars worth of free publicity for his product.
    There's no telling how many hundreds or thousands of weight lifters or other non-collegiate athletic types will stock up with his products in an effort to get bigger and stronger.
    Ruthless yes. scum baggy yes, but effective just the same.
    I really think that's all he's trying to accomplish.
    sip