Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar

(S.W.A.T.S.)

http://news.yahoo.com/ray-lewis-avoi...tsrc=samsungbm

Thanks for the attention, Ray. Plus a lot of talk today about A-Rod and PEDS again. Guess SI wanted to try to be relevant.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Re: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    This sounds like a "recruiting" tool that other schools will use against us......

Sucks to be honest.....
    Your are correct-- and ND is already blaming their BCS Title loss on deer antlers

Bama has to be on the juice

Author: vern3000 (24 Posts - Original UHND Member)
    Posted at 5:53 pm on Jan 29, 2013

Interesting article and allegations about Ray Lewis and how he came back so fast from injury. But even more interesting is which college is linked to the shady strength and condition guys.

Before and after the BCS championship game, a good friend of mine (who is not a ND fan) kept telling me that Bama players are on the juice. My friend is a former Division II football player (all-american) and knows a thing or two about football and what it takes to be prepared physically for a pounding. After watching ND get spanked and steamrolled I really believe what he's saying. He pointed out pictures of players before they arrived at Bama and then after. Even pointed out some of those same players now that their in the NFL. Looking at the freshman Wide Receiver (Cooper) compared to our Freshman DB (Russell) and it's not even close. There's a pic of Cooper in HS and then a pic of him after the championship game. WOW, it can't be natural. Anyway, I say all that to say it's no surprise Bama is mentioned in this article.

Not whining or anything. Hey, we got our butts whipped and the best team won. But I really wish it was an even playing field.

See the last 4 paragraphs in the article.
    http://www.uhnd.com/bb/forum/index.p...main&forumid=6
    Last edited by Bama1985; January 29th, 2013 at 07:57 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Re: (S.W.A.T.S.)

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    Guess SI wanted to try to be relevant.
    That must be why they're teaming up with Bleacher Report.

I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation Second Team RollTideMustang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I wonder if anybody realize Alabama can be stripped of all game sin 2008 & up to 2012 & all the championships as well if NCAA rule this so called ENERGY is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMustang View Post
    I wonder if anybody realize Alabama can be stripped of all game sin 2008 & up to 2012 & all the championships as well if NCAA rule this so called ENERGY is illegal.
    Um, this has been investigated, UA has issued two C&D letters to the snake oil peddlers (all we're required to do) and you can go to the NCAA site and search for the reports. IOW, relax - this is an old, old, story...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    This is a non-story.
    These guys are not boosters so there’s no institutional violation here.

They’ve been C&D’d twice since 2009 and that makes the no-violation argument even stronger.

There is absolutely no scientific evidence that these “chips” provide a competitive advantage.

There is ample scientific evidence that they’re nothing more than snake oil. That means they’re worthless and at the absolute worst, our guys will have to make restitution to a charity and suffer no eligibility consequences.

But that won't stop the talk radio gang from trying to make a big deal of it. Paul Finebaum is probably trying three ways to Sunday to find a way back on the air today.
    And this from UA:
    “UA has been aware of this situation for some time, and we have monitored this company for several years. They have twice ignored cease and desist letters sent by our compliance office. We have maintained consistent education of our student-athletes regarding the substances in question and will continue to do so.”
    Deborah M. Lane
    Assistant to the President and Associate Vice President for University Relations

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Um, this has been investigated, UA has issued two C&D letters to the snake oil peddlers (all we're required to do) and you can go to the NCAA site and search for the reports. IOW, relax - this is an old, old, story...
    I find it odd then why they keep brining it up then when this is old you said...

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMustang View Post
    I find it odd then why they keep brining it up then when this is old you said...
    Um, attention?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Um, attention?
    Just like you said SI to hitch a ride on Bama...lol!

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama1985 View Post
    Your are correct-- and ND is already blaming their BCS Title loss on deer antlers
    And Kelly said today that Teo must've been affected by the 'girlfriend' thing.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.

I saw this in the morning and just thought it was a waste to post it.

I also heard that the ray Lewis side of this story is two years old, the only addition was about his recovery from the tricep injury. He apparently has used the antler spray for a long time and ordered a healthy supply. Seems like si is digging up a story trying to capitalize off ray being in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    I saw this in the morning and just thought it was a waste to post it.

I also heard that the ray Lewis side of this story is two years old, the only addition was about his recovery from the tricep injury. He apparently has used the antler spray for a long time and ordered a healthy supply. Seems like si is digging up a story trying to capitalize off ray being in the Super Bowl.
    Yes, and a "hook" to Bama doesn't hurt...

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Yes, and a "hook" to Bama doesn't hurt...
    Its either that or Hey Ray can you tell us how you beat the murder charge?