Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Re: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.

Quote Originally Posted by big_fan78 View Post
    There is no way all these players are buying this stuff. Going on tv and saying these things would be selling out his clients and all other athletes from buying it from him. Nobody likes a snitch. He would be committing career suicide. He give them a sample and they didn't make the sales. He is getting them back for not buying it.

It's very telling that the time they all took them was before there biggest game. He saying, it's not the athlete it's my products.
    At this point, he doesn't want more athletes, he wants average guys who are going to the gym and think the only thing holding them back is not being on X supplement...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.)

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Again, growth factor of any sort would not help taken before a game. It would only help taken over a period of time, with resistance training. Also, spraying it on like an anabolic steroid product is laughable. You have to actually inject it to get any meaningful amount in your bloodstream. The Federal Trade Commission has ruled that the spray products to have no efficacy, which is why the NCAA investigated and dropped the matter...
    So what you are saying is non story?!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

Re: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    So what you are saying is non story?!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    A total non-starter...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

A total non-starter...
    Are we talking about Alex Watkins again?

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    From all the pro-wrestling I've watched over the years, I could have been a fantastic snake-oil salesman... especially in this state.

i still kick myself for not buying a SantoGold distributorship.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

The guy was on JOX this morning throwing names around like no tomorrow. Whether they did anything wrong or they likely dont like their name attached to him at this point. He kept referring to it as his company but in the same breath he repeatedly said X was given this stuff that X did not pay for it. I dont know how you can have a business model by giving away your product but this guy has certainly done a lot of that. It seems obvious to me that not many folks have seen the value in what he is pedding and he was reduced to giving it away just to get going.

Personally, I think these guys need a visit from the authorities with the state pharmacy board in tow to put a little fear into them. Whether legit or not anything done on the black market is not anything to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    The guy was on JOX this morning throwing names around like no tomorrow. Whether they did anything wrong or they likely dont like their name attached to him at this point. He kept referring to it as his company but in the same breath he repeatedly said X was given this stuff that X did not pay for it. I dont know how you can have a business model by giving away your product but this guy has certainly done a lot of that. It seems obvious to me that not many folks have seen the value in what he is pedding and he was reduced to giving it away just to get going.

Personally, I think these guys need a visit from the authorities with the state pharmacy board in tow to put a little fear into them. Whether legit or not anything done on the black market is not anything to play around with.
    Since the stuff is totally ineffective, I doubt the pharmacy board can do anything. Possibly theft by deception. Here is an excerpt from a monograph by the US Department of Justice:

According to the National Forensic Laboratory Information System (NFLIS), law enforcement officials submitted 30 hGH items/exhibits to state and local forensic laboratories between 2005 and 2010. Various oral preparations (e.g., sprays and pills) purported to contain hGH are also marketed and distributed. However, hGH is only available in the injectable form. The hGH molecule is too large for absorption across the lining of the oral mucosa and the hormone is digested by the stomach before absorption can occur.
    It's speaking of HGH, but the size of the molecules is similar in all mammals. In addition, both the FDA and the FTC have ruled that the sprays are totally ineffective, so this whole matter amounts to a tempest in a teapot...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team Bamafaninco1's Avatar

I let my dog chew on deer antlers I find in the woods, maybe that's why he is so fast and strong.

BamaNation Third Team
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Does anyone else find it odd that the individuals that he names have been on competitive winning teams or having outstanding seasons (i.e. Ray Lewis, Bama, Georgia LSU Auburn in 2010) but doesn't drop the names of any players on a 2-10 team?? Seems too much like a "hey I gotta plan to get free PR for my company" ruse to me and it's not the first time he's been in the news and associated with (at that time) "winning" individuals. Repeat pattern.........I recall reading he has been sued multiple times over his "products." Overall pretty shady dude with a need for media attention for his "amazing innovative products." Move along.........

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanish View Post
    I haven't watched it, but this is it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGxYm...1kL6PJexfwxTSA
    Why would a player participate in making a video like this?

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.)

Since the stuff is totally ineffective, I doubt the pharmacy board can do anything. Possibly theft by deception. Here is an excerpt from a monograph by the US Department of Justice:

It's speaking of HGH, but the size of the molecules is similar in all mammals. In addition, both the FDA and the FTC have ruled that the sprays are totally ineffective, so this whole matter amounts to a tempest in a teapot...
    Exactly - the reason it is not detectable in the bloodstream is that it never gets there in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue for me is not whether these things were effective or not, but rather, why the players would be receptive to an idea that had the potential to embarrass or discredit their team and all the true hard work they put into practice.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

A total non-starter...
    Performance non-enhancing drugs?