Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011
    BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by JD95 View Post
    Born in 1968, so seven in my lifetime -- 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012. I had no awareness of 1973, but I was glued in for all the rest. I attended the last four in person. Highlights:

1978 - Goal line stand Sugar Bowl vs Penn State. Probably my favorite Bama game of all time, and also happens to be the first game I really remember being totally absorbed in, sweating it out from start to finish. This is the one that made me a life-long Bama fan!

1992 - My first year of law school and first NC game I attended in person -- Awesome! Beatdown of the "unbeatable" Canes was a thing of beauty!

2009 - Winning it all in the Rose Bowl against a school we had never beaten. Sweet redemption after the wilderness of DuBose, Fran's cut-and-run, probation, Price, and Shula. Pure joy!

2011 - Revenge against the Purple Tigahs on their home turf was sweet!

2012 - Whipping the hated Irish like yard dogs for all the marbles is like a dream come true!

No way to choose a favorite from those games -- all of them are some of the great memories of my life!
    This is my years also. 92 was the year I remember. I didn't catch Bama fever until I was a student. I was always a fan, but a fanatic until 89.
    RTR!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

10 in my lifetime as well.

92 would have been my favorite before this year because no one & I mean no one gave Alabama a shot at winning, however not just winning but the BEATING ofND was really way more than I expected. Sorry I digress but the one we WILL WIN this year will be the Best because we will have done it with a Heisman winning QB.
    the 2013 team is going to be really special, I just got a feeling.

Born in 1978, so alive for 6. My 4 year old has 3 which is more than any Auburn fan alive!

Ten.I don't have a favorite but I'm certain the threepeats in 1964,1965,1966 and 1977,1978 ,1979 would have been memorable had we not gotten the screw job by the ND lovers.I think 1966 was our best team,both sides of the ball.

Unfortunately I've only been alive long enough to witness 4 of them. ('92, '09, '11, '12) For me, the best game is a tie between 2011 and 2012. I loved the victory over LSU in 2011, but two of the most storied programs in college football playing for it all in 2012 was pretty awesome as well. Probably won't see a title game of that magnitude for a long time.
    Last edited by UA_Fan87; February 6th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.

My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    ..Let's see who the elder statesman is around here

Personally...I've witnessed ten. 61-64-65-73-78-79-92-09-011 and 012.

That's one national title every 5.7 years of my life. Not a bad average!

My favorite would be 92. That was just a very special year.

65 was one of my favorites as well because we got totally screwed by a blown call in the Georgia game(18-17), Tied Tennessee when Stabler intentionally threw the ball out of bounds to kill the clock on fourth and goal thinking it was third down, and then two or three teams had to lose on New Years for us to have a prayer and they all did. Then we dominated a Nebraska team 39-28 in the Orange Bowl that outweighed us by 35 pounds or so per man. That was a very magical day.

You guys?

sip
    Yep, same for me.
    I witnessed the Bear Bryant years and I hope to witness ALL of the NIck Saban years.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

....."The price of victory is high but so are the rewards"....
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Watching the younger, post-Bryant Bama fans catch the National Championship fever is really special. Oldtimers used to consider Bama being on top to be a birthright, as natural as sunrise. Now the younger crowd joins the club.

Bama being the National Champ just seems right, once again.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

7 and 92 was my favorite.