Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

4 National Titles

1992 (Too young to remember)
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tidehawk View Post
    Nine - from '64 on. My favorite was '92. Me, my brother, my dad and my grandfather watched it together, and we ran around and whooped and hollered so much that I was wringing wet with sweat. Last one my grandfather was around for - very special night.
    It was the last game me and my Dad attended as well Tidehawk. We walked arm in arm from the SuperDome with the crowd chanting "Rooolll Tide" and Dad, a very soft spoken man, smiled and looked at me and said.."Sounds pretty good doesn't it?"

I put my arm around his shoulder, squeezed and replied, "You damn right it does"...

Unforgettable night.

sip

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Been around for 10 of them. I was too young to remember '61. '92 was my favorite because of all the mouthing off by Miami. Also the last one I watched with my grandfather, he died in April of '93. I'll also remember it for coming down with food poisoning after the first quarter. I spent the next two hours in the bathroom, at halftime my mom asked my wife, "Is Mike Sick?" Never to be forgotten.

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    ..Let's see who the elder statesman is around here

Personally...I've witnessed ten. 61-64-65-73-78-79-92-09-011 and 012.

That's one national title every 5.7 years of my life. Not a bad average!

My favorite would be 92. That was just a very special year.

65 was one of my favorites as well because we got totally screwed by a blown call in the Georgia game(18-17), Tied Tennessee when Stabler intentionally threw the ball out of bounds to kill the clock on fourth and goal thinking it was third down, and then two or three teams had to lose on New Years for us to have a prayer and they all did. Then we dominated a Nebraska team 39-28 in the Orange Bowl that outweighed us by 35 pounds or so per man. That was a very magical day.

You guys?

sip
    Mine are the same except I don't hesitate to throw in '66. Actually didn't we get the Football Writer's that year, just not the wire service polls? I may be wrong about that but we were the best anyway.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

1945 was was earned on the Rose Bowl gridiron

Quote Originally Posted by banjeaux View Post
    Oh! Personally witnessed: add 1941. I remember it as if it were yesterday. And, while we're at it add 1945. If the Rose Bowl winner earned the championship in '25, '26, & '34, why not 1945. Polls be danged!

Harry Gilmer starred in the game. This video features Gilmer. However, it is not from the Rose Bowl. But, the next one is from the 1946 Rose Bowl.
    Last edited by banjeaux; January 29th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

BamaNation Hall of Fame THE BAMA IRISHMAN's Avatar
    Hollywood Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

At the age of 4 I witnessed Alabama win the 1961 NC. My mother tells everyone how I shutdown when my Dad and my Uncle did not take me with them. I refused to eat, I refused to do anything according to my Mother. As my Dad returned my Mother told my father he would take me to the game next time that she would not put up with how upset I was during that period in my life. I was only 4 and caused a stir in my parents life. I remember but not to the extent my Mother does. I must have been a handful. As the years went on I witnessed 64, 65, (66 Robbed), 73, (75,77 Robbed) 78, 79, 92, 09, 11, and 12. In my life time I have witnessed 10 Alabama National Champions and as I tell everyone "No Man or Woman should have this much Happiness and Pleasure in Life".

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    ..Let's see who the elder statesman is around here

Personally...I've witnessed ten. 61-64-65-73-78-79-92-09-011 and 012.

That's one national title every 5.7 years of my life. Not a bad average!

My favorite would be 92. That was just a very special year.

65 was one of my favorites as well because we got totally screwed by a blown call in the Georgia game(18-17), Tied Tennessee when Stabler intentionally threw the ball out of bounds to kill the clock on fourth and goal thinking it was third down, and then two or three teams had to lose on New Years for us to have a prayer and they all did. Then we dominated a Nebraska team 39-28 in the Orange Bowl that outweighed us by 35 pounds or so per man. That was a very magical day.

You guys?

sip
    I have eleven, but only because of 1941...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team

4. '92, '09, '11, '12. My favorite is '09. I was in kindergarten when we won in '92, so I don't really remember it well. So it was great to see Coach Saban turn the program around after the Shula years and the Barn winning six straight. So that one is really special to me. Not to mention I was sitting on the 5 yard line by the end zone where Upchurch caught the game winner in the Iron Bowl that year.

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
    Well mine started in 1934, the year of my birth, but I will not stretch that by saying I WITNESSED them.
    Best one was destroying LSWHO in 2011. Next would be destroying the golden dumbers this last year.

So that would be 12 total with 3 back-to-backs.
    Won't call myself the elder statesman either.
    Well, he said "in your lifetime," so you can claim it. I certainly don't remember 1941's title or team. In fact, I barely remember 1941 and probably wouldn't at all, if it weren't for Pearl Harbor. Those were terrible years following, sort of like the Whitworth years - lose, lose, lose. My mother was a devoted fan of Gabriel Heatter, with his pessimistic, whining voice every night. You're probably the only one on who may know what I'm talking about...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team bamafan76's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Another young one here, 6. 78,79,92,09,11,12.

As a young one, my favorite was 09 simply because of revisiting Alabama history by attending the Rose Bowl.
    TIDE FAN FROM TIGERLAND

In memory of Joe Lynn Casey
    07/28/53 - 09/26/13
    "ROLL TIDE"

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I have been alive for ten: 61-64-65-73-78-79-92-09-11 and 12. My earliest recollection is the 73 team. My fav would have to be the 2011 team because of the way they came out and just manhandled LSU in the BCSNCG after the disappoinment of the Nov loss to LSU. Side note that my daughter has been a student at UA for the last 4 yrs. She graduated in 3 yrs and is now in grad school at UA so she is 3 for 4. I told her she needed to find something else to get another masters in to keep the streak going!
    Last edited by im4datide; January 29th, 2013 at 06:09 PM.

6.I have personally attended the last 3.My favorite had to be the 2011 win over LSU.Dominating the way we did in the Louisiana Superdome was awesome to me.That said,every championship has its own special place to me.Especially the ones I made the trip for.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Same as you.......61-64-65-73-78-79-92-09-011 and 012.

I guess 92 was probably the most gratifying because we were given no chance going into the game.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson