Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

Re: How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

10, my favorite being Bear's last one ('79). But all of them have been sweet. This last one ranks right up there with '79 because it was ND. Too many disappointing loses at the hands of the Irish. Especially with the NC on the line.
    Roll, National Champions, Roll...A'ight!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Born in 1981 so 1992, 2009, 2011, and 2012.

1992 will always be my favorite, but I've loved the fact I was in Tuscaloosa for the three other championships.
    We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Born in 1997, so 2009, 2011, 2012, with 2011 being my favorite, featuring the GOAT defense.

BamaNation All-American

Ten for me, though I wasn't quite 3 in January of 1962. I have memory of 1964 on.

1992 was my favorite because it was vindication, and because of the pre-game conduct of the Miami team and fans, and commentary of the talking heads and ink-stained wretches.

While there's no doubt the 2011 defense was the best in absolute terms, Greatest Of All Time is a hard one to apply across the eras. The game and the athletes have just evolved so much over the decades. Fortunately, we've had great defenses in all of them.

1992 was pretty sporty, all the more so because the mediocre offense put so much pressure on them.

Also, there was one in the Wade era that gave up 13 points in the whole season.

1961 and 1979 would have to be in the conversation for their time as well.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    ..Let's see who the elder statesman is around here

Personally...I've witnessed ten. 61-64-65-73-78-79-92-09-011 and 012.

That's one national title every 5.7 years of my life. Not a bad average!

My favorite would be 92. That was just a very special year.

65 was one of my favorites as well because we got totally screwed by a blown call in the Georgia game(18-17), Tied Tennessee when Stabler intentionally threw the ball out of bounds to kill the clock on fourth and goal thinking it was third down, and then two or three teams had to lose on New Years for us to have a prayer and they all did. Then we dominated a Nebraska team 39-28 in the Orange Bowl that outweighed us by 35 pounds or so per man. That was a very magical day.

You guys?

sip
    I count 10 in my life also. I am 62 today and the '92 title is my favorite as well although '79 is not so bad.
    "May the Tide Be with You"

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Every one since 1961. Couldn't name a favorite. I was too young to remember 1961 but like the question said, it occured in my lifetime.
    Last edited by JPT4Bama; January 30th, 2013 at 03:43 AM.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

7 since I was born in 1971. Favorite was easily 1992. I was stationed in Germany and no one gave us a chance vs Miami. I had to stay up til 2 or 3 am to see the game and when I went out for flag detail I was intoxicated enough to stand at attention and salute the flag as I sung Sweet Home Alabama at the top of my lungs. My buddies were rolling and the officer in charge was very kind about my lack of sobriety while in uniform.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

7 in all....1973, 1978-79...1992..2009...2011..2012. My favorite is 1992, bcuz my buddy (whom I went to High School with ) Tommy Johnson played on that team.

Doubling back, I've got to say 1961. I went to Bama in June, 1957. The football program was in the pits and the basketball program was approaching it. I went because of the C&BA school, not for football. I think we won one game my freshman year. To see the Bear come back and what it meant to my dad, just before he died, was something not to be matched. At the time, we hadn't won a title since 1941, and to be honest, we really hadn't even thought about claiming 1941 at that point, so it had been a long, long time, and it was not expected by any of us who were students at the time. After the 1958 UA/AU game, I ran into an old HS friend who'd gone to AU in the parking lot at Legion. We made that one close. He said he wouldn't be surprised if we won a NC in the next couple of years. (They had just one their tainted, split championship the year before.) I just laughed and said "Not likely." I badly underestimated Coach Bryant...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    'And here comes LeeRoy' as the announcer at Legion Field (anybody remember his name?) said as he ran back on the field for the goal line stand to preserve the shutout of the boogs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Pepper Simpson ?
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Born in 68 so I could technically claim 7 but I'm gonna claim 6. Most of you know I grew up in Chicago but my Dad loved Coach Bryant and we watched the 79 Sugar Bowl. Dad loved the goal line stand. Favorite was 92 because I flew from Atlanta to N.O. and the Miami fans were intolerable. I went to Bama 86-90 (Perkins, Curry) and we lost to the Barn every year. Was sweet to be "back on top"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

BamaNation All-SEC 37bamagreats55's Avatar

Born in '77.
    So (technically speaking) '78, '79, '92, '09, '11, '12.

I think '92 was phenomenal - that team being such an underdog and dominating the 'Canes was awesome feeling. Plus, I was a freshman in high school and that was really the first championship I could remember.

When the Tide was going through the lean years leading up to '09, I always told myself I would attend the next championship game 'Bama played in.
    Well, the good Lord willing, I was able to go to Pasadena, New Orleans and Miami. It's been a special handful of years for us Tidefans and it's amazing to be a part of something so unique. I'm hoping we play in Phoenix so I can say I've been to all four BCS championship venues.
    Roll Tide guys and great thread, 'Sip!
    Last edited by 37bamagreats55; January 30th, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cjhadley View Post
    4 of them 1992, 2009, 2011, and 2012.
    Same here for me..I have a feeling "The Process" will add 3-4 more to our list before Coach Saban retires..