Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

Re: How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

Born in '54 , so 10 for me . '92 was special but so was " The Goal Line Stand ". I also claim '66 . We stomped Nebraska in the Sugar bowl and ND and MSU played to a tie . My dad was in the Army and we were living in Alaska . The game was not broadcast on tv. We listened on radio . My dad wrote Coach Bryant and asked for a copy of the game film to show to his batallion . Coach Bryant sent the film and my dad had it shown in the post gym . The gym was full and there was a lot of cheering going on . The men knew the Old Man was a big Bama fan ! It was such a hit , every batallion on post got to see it that week . I watched it five times ! I still have the letter Coach wrote my dad and enclosed with the film ! rtr...
    Last edited by dirtroadlizard; January 30th, 2013 at 04:24 AM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

If you're talking about "being alive" for a title, I can claim all of them under Coaches Bryant, Stallings, and Saban. But I tend to think in terms of those beginning with my freshman year in '73.

My favorite one probably is 1978. The season began with my meeting my future wife in the opener against Nebraska and ended with my sitting in the Superdome watching us beat Penn State. But there's no such thing as a bad championship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team Crimson57s's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

All the ones since '57. My favorite is 2009 - The Return To Glory. We were there. It was special to be in the Rose Bowl, where you might say it all began, and see Bama come all the way back.
    "I don't like to lose. I don't expect to lose." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

10 Titles for me. 61 to the present. 79 "The Goal Line Stand" is probably my favorite although all the other ones are a very close second. Always a euphoric feeling when you win. While those championships are great feel good moments I got to say that some of the polar opposite moments were during the Dubose, Franchione (sp), Price, and Shula years. 3 or 4 good years during that time but mostly a lot of anxiety. Got to appreciate what we have now.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clubfitter View Post
    10 Titles for me. 61 to the present. 79 "The Goal Line Stand" is probably my favorite although all the other ones are a very close second. Always a euphoric feeling when you win. While those championships are great feel good moments I got to say that some of the polar opposite moments were during the Dubose, Franchione (sp), Price, and Shula years. 3 or 4 good years during that time but mostly a lot of anxiety. Got to appreciate what we have now.
    It almost seems impossible, but yes from 96-2006 we were pretty ordinary most years. It does indeed make one appreciate the excellence now at hand.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Ten for me, too - since 1961, which was when I started HS. I guess my favorite would have to be 2009, because it took so long - 17 years w/o a NC! But as said, there's no wrong answer to that question - they're all sweet!
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

10 for me and my favorite was 1961.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    ..Let's see who the elder statesman is around here

Personally...I've witnessed ten. 61-64-65-73-78-79-92-09-011 and 012.

That's one national title every 5.7 years of my life. Not a bad average!

My favorite would be 92. That was just a very special year.

65 was one of my favorites as well because we got totally screwed by a blown call in the Georgia game(18-17), Tied Tennessee when Stabler intentionally threw the ball out of bounds to kill the clock on fourth and goal thinking it was third down, and then two or three teams had to lose on New Years for us to have a prayer and they all did. Then we dominated a Nebraska team 39-28 in the Orange Bowl that outweighed us by 35 pounds or so per man. That was a very magical day.

You guys?

sip
    Those would be mine as well. As for favorites, that's like asking which child you love more. However, beating ND this year has to be up there as does 92 and 65 was special because of the way we dominated those big huskers.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

It almost seems impossible, but yes from 96-2006 we were pretty ordinary most years. It does indeed make one appreciate the excellence now at hand.
    Try being an undergrad from 2000-2004. Every time I see current students act like this success is routine, I want to slap them upside the head and make them watch film from that period.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

10 for me. I was born in 1954.

My favorite would have been '73 if we would have beaten Notre Dame. That game left a bad taste in my mouth.

When I was in school my friends and I hated the way the bowls were locked up with conferences and hated that Bama couldn't go to the Rose Bowl. We vowed if Alabama ever made it to the Rose Bowl we would make the trip. Playing UCLA didn't count.

2009 is clearly my favorite. An undefeated season with a really tough schedule with a Rose Bowl win over undefeated Texas was so sweet.

I called my two best college friends and tried to get them to go to the game. Neither went so I went to the game by myself. It was the time of my life.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

4 for me and 2011 was the most enjoyable. Completely domination of a team thought to be the best ever.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    Last edited by JBama_in_PCOLA; January 30th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Like Alasippi, 45longcolt,Banjeaux, and Earl, I was a child of the radio age.
    I remember when Coach Bryant came to Alabama. The 50s weren't much till CPB arrived.
    The last 10 Championships made us all swell with pride.

I've loved em all, but the most special to me, have been the last couple under Coach Saban.
    I felt like we wondered in the wilderness for 10 years, and Coach Saban arrived and led us out of darkness.
    (Sounds Biblical, but it's how I feel about the last couple of NCs)
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 30th, 2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: format

My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

..Let's see who the elder statesman is around here

Personally...I've witnessed ten. 61-64-65-73-78-79-92-09-011 and 012.
    Like others here I think Earle has the 'ELDER STATESMAN sewn up! Personaly I like to think young, so I'll just say I'm young, at heart, anyway!

I can go with those ten, and then I listened to the '46 Rose Bowl on Radio, when I was 8, I think Bama should have gotten the title that year also.

I know there was also the '41 team but I was 3 and was just learning what a football was!

'This Is Crimson Tide Football'
    Where The A Says It All!

ROLL~TIDE~ROLL
    This Above All: To thine own self be TRUE!
    [William Shakespeare - (Hamlet)]