Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Re: How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

61, 64, 65, 73, 78, 79, 92, 2009, 2011 & 2012.........That's 10 in my lifetime!! The first National Championship I remember was 1973 even though we lost to ND.
    My favorite National Championship game was 1993. I was there in the Superdome standing and cheering through the WHOLE game!

2. Advertisement

61, 64, 65, 73, 78, 79, 92, 2009, 2011 & 2012.

1961 had lived through the coach whitworth years and 1961 was an unbelievable year

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

I've been alive for, and personally witnessed, 1992, 2009, 2011, and 2012.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

My favorite.1992! I was there, all the Miami fans out talking smack before the game could not be found after the game!

For me, 10, starting with 1961. My favorite would have to be the 2011 championship over LSU in the Superdome. Total domination and near perfection!

My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

ThumbsUp Re: How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

11 in my lifetime, but i count 1966 in that as well. And always will.

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

In my lifetime - 6

1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012

I was but a wee one for the first two (born in 1977), so for me 1992 was my favorite. It's the first one I can remember us actually getting.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

Big A Re: How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

10,and i've a fave defensive & offensive. defense-a tie between '79 & '11. offense-a tie between '73 & '12. '79 & '11 could stop anyone and '73 & '12 could score from anywhere at anytime! RTR!!!
    "Every picture tells a story,don't it"

Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after this season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Richardson said.

"The university of awebarn!" CNS, 03-06-10

The University of Alabama........keeping the trophy industry busy since 1924! RTR!!!

"I'm just too damn old to start over somewhere else"! CNS 09.19.13

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    If we add 1945, then I was around but not yet aware of Bama football. I agree about 1945. After playing USC in January 1946, I wish we could have played Army in a NC game.

It looks like no one likes to see Alabama win unless they are Bama people. Seems like rules get changed every time we win a NC. What's going to change now? Will we just drop football as a nation since Bama has won the last 3 of 4? Using head injuries as the excuse, but the real excuse is Bama winning! Bama winning NEVER gets old!
    They do seem to want to change the rules when Bama wins.
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

2012 SEC CHAMPIONS
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

BamaNation Second Team Redstripe's Avatar

10 for me. Hard to pick a favorite. Probably 92, since I was there.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Technically 5 for me, 79, 92, 09, 11 and 12. But I'm not sure I would count 79, because I was born near the beginning of that year so I obviously don't remember anything about that season. It's really hard to choose for me, I'd probably say a tie for first with 92 and 09 with 12 and then 11 following. 1992 was a special season for me because it was the first title Alabama won where I was really keeping up with the team (really became a Bama fan in 1989 was more into baseball before).

2009 was great because it felt like we had been in the valley for so long with no end in sight. So to break through with that amazing 2008 recruiting class was great. Felt like a huge weight had been lifted to me after that title. 2012 is definitely up there though, some great games like the LSU and UGA games and then to wipe out Notre Dame in the title game was a dream come true. 2011 was probably one of the best defenses I have ever seen play (up there with the 92 D) and other than losing that first LSU game by 3 in OT, we blew out everyone really.

I told a friend this after we beat ND, but that is probably the pinnacle for me as an Alabama fan. 3 titles in 4 years, back to back and then whipping ND. I'm 33 but I'm not sure I'll see anything in my lifetime that surpasses what was accomplished that night IMO. Hopefully Saban proves me wrong!

BamaNation Second Team

Ten for me. 92 had to be my favorite and 11 being second. Always nice to shut up cocky big mouths and both years were done in such a grand way.
    “ The Crimson Tide of Alabama” Now that has a majestic ring to it!