How Many Bama National Titles In Your Lifetime?(And Pick Your Favorite)

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
All the ones since '57. My favorite is 2009 - The Return To Glory. We were there. It was special to be in the Rose Bowl, where you might say it all began, and see Bama come all the way back.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
10 Titles for me. 61 to the present. 79 "The Goal Line Stand" is probably my favorite although all the other ones are a very close second. Always a euphoric feeling when you win. While those championships are great feel good moments I got to say that some of the polar opposite moments were during the Dubose, Franchione (sp), Price, and Shula years. 3 or 4 good years during that time but mostly a lot of anxiety. Got to appreciate what we have now.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
10 Titles for me. 61 to the present. 79 "The Goal Line Stand" is probably my favorite although all the other ones are a very close second. Always a euphoric feeling when you win. While those championships are great feel good moments I got to say that some of the polar opposite moments were during the Dubose, Franchione (sp), Price, and Shula years. 3 or 4 good years during that time but mostly a lot of anxiety. Got to appreciate what we have now.
It almost seems impossible, but yes from 96-2006 we were pretty ordinary most years. It does indeed make one appreciate the excellence now at hand.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Ten for me, too - since 1961, which was when I started HS. I guess my favorite would have to be 2009, because it took so long - 17 years w/o a NC! But as said, there's no wrong answer to that question - they're all sweet!

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
..Let's see who the elder statesman is around here :)

Personally...I've witnessed ten. 61-64-65-73-78-79-92-09-011 and 012.

That's one national title every 5.7 years of my life. Not a bad average!

My favorite would be 92. That was just a very special year.

65 was one of my favorites as well because we got totally screwed by a blown call in the Georgia game(18-17), Tied Tennessee when Stabler intentionally threw the ball out of bounds to kill the clock on fourth and goal thinking it was third down, and then two or three teams had to lose on New Years for us to have a prayer and they all did. Then we dominated a Nebraska team 39-28 in the Orange Bowl that outweighed us by 35 pounds or so per man. That was a very magical day.

You guys?

sip
Those would be mine as well. As for favorites, that's like asking which child you love more. However, beating ND this year has to be up there as does 92 and 65 was special because of the way we dominated those big huskers.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
10 for me. I was born in 1954.

My favorite would have been '73 if we would have beaten Notre Dame. That game left a bad taste in my mouth.

When I was in school my friends and I hated the way the bowls were locked up with conferences and hated that Bama couldn't go to the Rose Bowl. We vowed if Alabama ever made it to the Rose Bowl we would make the trip. Playing UCLA didn't count.

2009 is clearly my favorite. An undefeated season with a really tough schedule with a Rose Bowl win over undefeated Texas was so sweet.

I called my two best college friends and tried to get them to go to the game. Neither went so I went to the game by myself. It was the time of my life.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Like Alasippi, 45longcolt,Banjeaux, and Earl, I was a child of the radio age.
I remember when Coach Bryant came to Alabama. The 50s weren't much till CPB arrived.
The last 10 Championships made us all swell with pride.

I've loved em all, but the most special to me, have been the last couple under Coach Saban.
I felt like we wondered in the wilderness for 10 years, and Coach Saban arrived and led us out of darkness.
(Sounds Biblical, but it's how I feel about the last couple of NCs) :BigA:

Last edited:

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
..Let's see who the elder statesman is around here :)

Personally...I've witnessed ten. 61-64-65-73-78-79-92-09-011 and 012.
Like others here I think Earle has the 'ELDER STATESMAN sewn up! Personaly I like to think young, so I'll just say I'm young, at heart, anyway!

I can go with those ten, and then I listened to the '46 Rose Bowl on Radio, when I was 8, I think Bama should have gotten the title that year also.

I know there was also the '41 team but I was 3 and was just learning what a football was!

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
78, 79, 92, 09, 11 & 12. Although I was old enough to remember 92, I would say my favorite is 09 because of witnessing up close and personal the DuBose & Francione years.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
Being born in 1962 there have been 9 of them in my lifetime...I have to say that probably 1979 was my favorite...it occurred suring my senior year in high school, however 2009 is almost a tie...I am just enjoying this era we are currently in and hope it goes on for many more years.

Bamatim15

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
Kingsport TN
10! The year I was born (1961) they were NC. But I guess my favorite was the last one when they destroyed notre lame. I have been waiting a long time to see BAMA get a hold of the golden domers and kick the crap out of them.:pDT_nunu: I can't wait to get my dvd so I can watch it over and over.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
2009 National Title was my favorite National Title of the four I've lived through. After 17 years (1992) Alabama finally won a Title and put themselves back on top of the college football world.

(forgot to post favorite earlier)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.