Link: Daniel Moore doing a Johnny Manziel print...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Buzzard, I wouldn't expect you to understand, you're a moderator - its your job to restrict our Freedom Of Speech.

(Before you mash the banhammer, I'm joking)

...well, of course it does. You bought that tacky Alabama coffee mug for a reason, right? You've got plenty of tacky coffee mugs, already, but you wanted this one because it was, you assumed, endorsed by Alabama. Well, little did you know, that crappy coffee mug was bootlegged by a bunch of Somalian pirates. That irritates you, doesn't it? It should. You bought it thinking it was something that it wasn't.

What we're treading into, here, is the argument over merchandise versus artwork. There is a difference. Let's toss out the tacky coffee mugs and talk about artwork... Disregard what is inside the artwork and simply accept that the Freedom of Speech protects it completely. It does. The 6th Circuit ruled and that's it. What is important in these cases, unbeknownst to most folks, is how the artwork is presented. Not the artwork itself. If, on the margins of his lithograph, Daniel Moore places a University Of Alabama logo outside the artwork... he may very well be taken for suggesting endorsement. Big no no! If the margins only feature his signature and a number to indicate the artwork's limited edition... he's done nothing to imply that his artwork is anything but... his artwork.
After reading the opinion, you are correct. I don't agree with it, but you're right...

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Of course. I think most would agree those were morally reprehensible issues, despite the fact it took generations for the law to recognize and act on it.
However you want to look at it, real change did not occur until after the Brown v. Board of Education case...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.