Bama football has autographs Coaches Bryant, Stallings, Saban

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/01/alabama_football_has_autograph.html#incart_m-rpt-2

FAIRHOPE, Alabama - How much is a football signed byAlabama championship football coaches Paul "Bear" Bryant, Gene Stallings and Nick Saban worth? Enough, Fairhope retiree Perry Hartley hopes, to allow a promising but needy student to attend the University of Alabama.

Hartley completed his trifecta of coaching autographs on his University of Alabama football last week, when Saban, who has led the Crimson Tide to victory in three of the past four BCS national championship games, visited Fairhope to watch Senior Bowl practice.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Some awfully significant names in addition to to those of the three great head coaches on that ball.

As already mentioned Lee Roy Jordan, but then there's Mal Moore, he'd have been a player then, Coach Dude Hennessy, Coach Bobby Marks whom John Marks Stallings was named after, Bill Oliver who probably also would have been a player then, coaches Dee Powell, Ken Donahue, and Sam Bailey. Impressive, a lot of Alabama history on that ball.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
I assume this is a one-of-a-kind item, so there is no objective way to value it. It's worth whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay. Can't wait to hear how much it brings.

Unbelievable, having all those signatures together on one item!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
One of my employees in 92-93 was cousins with Vann Bodden from Moss Point who played defensive end on the 92 Championship team.
She sent him a brown and white similar football and he got the entire championship team to sign it along with Coach Stallings. She gave it to me the following Christmas.
I have no idea what it's worth but I've been offered 10,000.00. I have no intention of selling it however. It sits proudly in my case of Bama memorabilia that has mementos going back as far as 1963 including my $6.00 ticket to the Clemson game in 1966...lol.
We won 26-0.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.