Judge rules NCAA athletes can pursue TV Money

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Yes. Basically this ruling from the judge simply allows the argument for pay to be brought. NCAA brought a motion regarding their procedure and the judge said in a sense, "we don't care about your rules, argue the merits of it."
The "procedure" referred to is not the NCAA's procedures or rules, it's the rules governing federal court procedure.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
So the following is the average cost per year for a college education:

In its most recent survey of college pricing, a "moderate" college budget for an in-state public college for the 2012–2013 academic year averaged $22,261. A moderate budget at a private college averaged $43,289.

Are not the athletes being compensated adequately already?

Maybe the ones who make it to the PROS owe the schools compensation from the enormous salaries that are paid these days.
They are being trained in their professions as they play are they not?
This is exactly right, and those figures don't even include the health care, training table, professional trainers, and tutors. College athletes have a very good gig, but there are always some who will want them to be paid an official salary. Usually this is because those people will want their part of those salaries, ie. agents, lawyers, etc.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
This is why I refuse to buy any more ncaa ea college sports video games. I haven't bought one of these games in at least 5 years now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
I just quit buying NCAA EA College Sports Video Games because I wasn't 15 anymore...who da thunk I was actually a part of a bigger boycott thingy!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.