Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    Recipes
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

Re: Vanderbilt’s James Franklin calls Saban “Nicky Satan”

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    No one is calling the program (or even Franklin, that I can see) classless. The behavior is not what I would expect from someone representing the university.

Some of you may feel differently. *shrugs*
    These are my sentiments exactly.

While I think it's great for a coach to man up and refuse to kiss any other coach's six o'clock, I would prefer that my coach not stoop to the level of name calling and acting like a 13-year old Bunker poster.

As a famous and well loved man once said, "Act like you've been there."

(even if you haven't)
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I don't think anyone is suggesting he should feel otherwise, but the oft-overused term of 'class' comes into play here. I guess I'm old-school, but I'd be mortified if CNS stooped to name-calling of other coaches. I expect more from a representative of my university.
    I'ma request a ruling from Barrett Jones.
    RIP Hub

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't have a problem with him taking a jab. No big deal. My issue is how weak the jab was. Spurrier needs to give him a few lessons.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He called CNS and apologized. Link

“Obviously, tremendous respect for Coach Saban,” Franklin said. “I just got off the phone with him. Tremendous respect for them. I’ve got tremendous respect for what they’ve done. Everybody is chasing them. The guy has won three or four national championships.

“(I was) really talking about the work ethic that he has a reputation for, and that we’re going to outwork them. I made a joke. And in today’s society with all the media and social media and people with tape recorders and things like that, that doesn’t come off that way. I know people have tremendous pride in Alabama, and their fans are fanatical. So I understand. But it was a joke and I didn’t mean to offend anybody.”
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

“We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation First Team CrimsonBeachBum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Czar View Post
    Nothing displays immaturity like simplistic, obvious, pathetic, middle-school nicknames. It's like "Really....? That's all you got?"
    Ditto this. I thought the same thing and you'd think that you could expect a little better from an educated grown man. Very immature, childish statement and name calling. Come on, Tony! You can do better, Err, can you?
    "You got any biscuits fer sale in-nare?" "Reckin what you like to eat in-nare?"

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He called CNS and apologized. Link
    The real joke: 'outwork them'. Outwork CNS? In what universe?

'3 or 4 NCs'. Study up dude. Everybody knows 'Nicky' has four of them with more on the way.

Using the word satan is a pretty poor attempt at a joke no matter who the person or how similar the name sounds. An 'F' for disheveling also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Immature & silly... the sort of comment that Saban himself will never make.

We once had a coach who called our main rival as a "Cow College". So I'm not getting too upset about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Tider View Post
    I really think we should get an expert in here to determine the "classiness" level of this statement before we go any further...
    "He's no Barrett Jones!"
    -TDBama78

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I think the main issue (with me at least) has nothing to do with it from an Alabama standpoint. But from a Vanderbilt standpoint. This cat needs to realize he's considered a professional. He gets paid like one. The people paying him are professionals as well. He is representing more than just himself or even his football team. He is representing a university. A well respected academic university at that. I don't think they want this type of image being conveyed. There are ways to joke and this wasn't one of the better choices to pick from.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Crazy a guy who coaches for a school that isn't even in the SEC would even be discussing Alabama and Coach Saban.

Oh what's that...

Vanderbilt is in the SEC East???

You have got to be kiddin' me!!

When did that happen...

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Well at least Franklin had the good sense to apologise. But as Kramer said to George on Seinfeld, I don't think I care for that apology.