Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Vanderbilt’s James Franklin calls Saban “Nicky Satan”

Who is James Franklin?

Isn't this the guy who said something like, "I only hire coaches with hot wives, because it shows what kind of man they are."?

...and you expect class and decorum from him?

Something's not exactly right with that guy. Doesn't mean he isn't a decent coach, but there is no telling what he is going to say. He is like a less entertaining Les Miles in that regard.
    Last edited by CraigD; January 30th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When do we play Vandy again?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    How many of us referred to another coach as pure evil? You know, 'Satan.' Calling someone cheese, a kitten or a cry baby is a lot different than calling someone Satan. And we're talking about a coach saying this, not some random fan or even a player. A head coach of a football team talking trash as if he's a fan. When you're the head coach you should carry yourself much better than that. Had Nick Saban said something like this I'm pretty sure most Alabama fans, if not all, would be embarrassed.
    Only part of this whole thing that matters...but not much. Pretty sure he just assured his team of a brutal beat down every time they meet Bama on the football field, at least while both current hc's are still in place. Think after the next time Bama plays Vandy, he's gonna owe his players a huge apology.
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Franklin's comments raise for me an interesting philosophical point about whether my attitude toward a particular school/football program maps more to the person who happens to be the head coach, or to the history of Alabama's experience with the program and the general attitude of the school's fan base. Historically, Vanderbilt has been a benign presence in Alabama's football experience, the pesky academic school that now and again comes up with a competitive team. Franklin's petty characterization of Nick Saban causes me to hope for the implosion of Vanderbilt's football program. For my part, Vanderbilt can just drop again to the cellar of the SEC and stay there.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I will be as disrespectful and rude as board policy will allow me too while under the anonymity of the internet!

But when I stand in front of my peers and the cameras I will call people by name and give thanks to Allah!

You got some nerve fella calling us out! I shall be a hypocrite and I shall love it!
    I will vouch for ya there...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    Who is James Franklin?

Isn't this the guy who said something like, "I only hire coaches with hot wives, because it shows what kind of man they are."?

Something's not exactly right with that guy. Doesn't mean he isn't a decent coach, but there is no telling what he is going to say. He is like a less entertaining Les Miles in that regard.
    Less entertaining or just less principled, Craig?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I will be as disrespectful and rude as board policy will allow me too while under the anonymity of the internet!

But when I stand in front of my peers and the cameras I will call people by name and give thanks to Allah!

You got some nerve fella calling us out! I shall be a hypocrite and I shall love it!
    NICE! Really enjoy your posts Rasputin!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Less entertaining or just less principled, Craig?
    Depends on one's sense of humor, I suppose...

Maybe entertaining from a "Awwww... Vandy. Aren't they a cute little football team?" perspective.

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Franklin's comments raise for me an interesting philosophical point about whether my attitude toward a particular school/football program maps more to the person who happens to be the head coach, or to the history of Alabama's experience with the program and the general attitude of the school's fan base. Historically, Vanderbilt has been a benign presence in Alabama's football experience, the pesky academic school that now and again comes up with a competitive team. Franklin's petty characterization of Nick Saban causes me to hope for the implosion of Vanderbilt's football program. For my part, Vanderbilt can just drop again to the cellar of the SEC and stay there.
    I tend to agree and think Franklin's a jerk, but think about it. Would you really want to see little old Vandy displacing UT from the very bottom of the SEC?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar

As long as Vandy loses to us and beats UT, I don't care what their coach says.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Who is James Franklin?

LOL, I forgot all about him saying that about his coaches and their wives.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMang View Post
    Who cares what he called him? All those that are calling him immature for name calling, I hope that none of you have ever once typed or said any of the following:

Cheez dip
    Cheez whiz
    Cheez it
    Lame Kitten
    Lame Kiffikens
    Urban Cryer

well...you get my point. He's just having some fun at the expense of a rival school just like the rest of us do at some point. It's just seen in a different light because it's about us.
    That reminds me, what are we going to call the Barn's new coach? We've had Tater Tot, Tubby and Cheesy. Is there something we can make out of Gus Malzahn's name?

Depends on one's sense of humor, I suppose...

Maybe entertaining from a "Awwww... Vandy. Aren't they a cute little football team?" perspective.
    You were only one half step from "Bless their little pea-picking hearts." ("Sucks to be you.")
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus