Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Vanderbilt’s James Franklin calls Saban “Nicky Satan”

Quote Originally Posted by JAXFLBAMAFAN View Post
    I agree that the overuse of any cliche including....that word makes me weary.

I am weary of reading on this board, which I do daily, the use of class, classy, classless or a relative facsimile thereof, on the Bama board.

Please find another word to describe folks on this board or from other boards.

Conversely, you could get over it.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAXFLBAMAFAN View Post
    I agree that the overuse of any cliche including....that word makes me weary.

I am weary of reading on this board, which I do daily, the use of class, classy, classless or a relative facsimile thereof, on the Bama board.

Please find another word to describe folks on this board or from other boards.

I'll try and do that, Mr. Roget.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Ninth grade-didn't-make-the-cheerleader-squad mentality. Not worth the trouble to get agitated.......NEXT!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He called CNS and apologized. Link
    So, done deal. Next.
    RIP Hub

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Conversely, you could get over it.
    Sometimes you big time Grammy winning Top 1% high flutin' hot shots confuse me!

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't like calling other people derogatory names regardless of the situation. And, if you're leading a team and by circumstance leading the athletic department's premier team, you should be held to a much higher standard than the public. It's like yelling fire in a movie theater, Franklin's voice carries too much weight to be classless and demeaning, even at Vandy.
    The Golden Rule for internet postings:

If you don't have anything nice to say, then say it with class, say it eloquently, and for goodness sake use the English language like your English teacher tried so hard to teach you.

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by mdb-tpet View Post
    I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't like calling other people derogatory names regardless of the situation.
    You are...

Personally, I love it!

BamaNation All-American buzzincuzzin's Avatar

I just don't get why anybody would want to make an issue out of this. Remember when our beloved St. Nick made the crack about an LSU fan reacting like he'd done his wife or something when he took the Alabama job?
    Coaches, even the CEO types, are still coaches and their "off-the-record" humor is still pretty close to playground/locker-room because it's all they've ever known. Musicians, racers, and school teachers also fall into this '"Juvenal-outlook-forever" because something inside never quite grows all the way up.

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by buzzincuzzin View Post
    I just don't get why anybody would want to make an issue out of this. Remember when our beloved St. Nick made the crack about an LSU fan reacting like he'd done his wife or something when he took the Alabama job?
    Coaches, even the CEO types, are still coaches and their "off-the-record" humor is still pretty close to playground/locker-room because it's all they've ever known. Musicians, racers, and school teachers also fall into this '"Juvenal-outlook-forever" because something inside never quite grows all the way up.
    I can honestly say I don't agree with this!

I am also selling S.W.A.T.S. supplements if you are interested in purchasing some of our products!
    Last edited by Rasputin; January 31st, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

He was talking about CNS? I just thought he was confused about a member of Fleetwood Mac.

It is going to be a long off-season. My outrage meter must be broken, because it hasn't budged.

Everyone, from our bitter rivals, to the lowest nobodies, envies Bama's success, and wishes they could replicate it. Better this, than 10 years ago.
    "Mark it zero. Mark it zero, or you're entering a whole new world of pain."

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    He was talking about CNS? I just thought he was confused about a member of Fleetwood Mac.

It is going to be a long off-season. My outrage meter must be broken, because it hasn't budged.

Everyone, from our bitter rivals, to the lowest nobodies, envies Bama's success, and wishes they could replicate it. Better this, than 10 years ago.
    Exactly.
    I dont think it worried Coach Saban, so I just don't see why it should worry me.
    Coach Franklin looks worse for making the statement, and Coach Saban holds the high ground by not responding to it.

Moving on to other news.

BamaNation First Team

I don't understand how anyone who has watched a Franklin coached team, with
    ALL their late hits, cheap-shots and chippy play, would think he ever had any class.
    Vandy is as dirty as any team in the NCAA.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

To bad that Franklin and the UGA DC were seperated after the game in Nashville in 2011. IMO Franklin is a thug who happens to coach at a supposedly nationally acclaimed academic school and therefore will get a pass from the media.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner