News Article: Vanderbilt’s James Franklin calls Saban “Nicky Satan”

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I don't think anyone is suggesting he should feel otherwise, but the oft-overused term of 'class' comes into play here. I guess I'm old-school, but I'd be mortified if CNS stooped to name-calling of other coaches. I expect more from a representative of my university.
I feel the same way. Dont care if you feel it, but in your position, you're held to a higher standard, and that isnt meeting it.

Last edited:

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
It's pretty obvious he's always been a loose cannon. Done a good job for the 'dores? Yes. Probably won't be there much longer unless there are reasons other than his mouth to steer clear of him by other schools. Don't know if there could be any cheating at Vandy, but in view of his mouth and calling CNS names, then I'm betting there's a ton of negative recruiting at the least in view of Vandy's 'superiority' in all things including football now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
And if a fan or two from another program are nice to us, then the program is deemed "classy." Likewise, a jerk or two render the entire program "classless." We, of course, are always & only "classy."
(note: the above classification scheme is used by fans of any program in the country.)
No one is calling the program (or even Franklin, that I can see) classless. The behavior is not what I would expect from someone representing the university.

Some of you may feel differently. *shrugs*

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
While I don't get too upset over it, it is disappointing that he'd stoop to this level. Name calling is simply childish. I'd say the same no matter which coach he was making fun of. Now, I don't care one way or another because its Vanderbilt, not Alabama. But if I were a partisan Commodore, I'd be careful before I got all hyped up because my coach took a shot at big bad Nick Saban. Your guy may not be afraid of him, but he'll get steamrolled every time he faces him while he's at Vandy.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
No one is calling the program (or even Franklin, that I can see) classless. The behavior is not what I would expect from someone representing the university.

I'll call him classless whether it's CNS or anyone else he shoots his mouth off about like that (seems that there might've been a couple of on the field things also). If someone doesn't like the word classless then I'll throw out there IMMATURE for him as well.

James Franklin is not who I thought he was. Franklin reminds me of the immature Lame Kiffin. The only reason Franklin made that stupid comment was he knows he isn't facing Alabama. No way he makes that stupid statement if Vandy was. My opinion for Franklin has changed dramatically. I do not pull for Auburn and now Vanderbilt.

Last edited:

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
If you're going to call out the baddest dude on the playground, you better be ready to back it up. I sure hope he works more than his football team scored points. I also noticed Vandy doesn't play us this year, imagine that.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
James Franklin is not who I thought he was. Franklin reminds me of an immature Lame Kiffin. The only reason Franklin made that stupid comment was he knows he isn't facing Alabama. No way he makes that stupid statement if Vandy was. My opinion for Franklin has changed dramatically. I do not pull for Auburn and now Vanderbilt.
Good comment but how can anyone be more immature than good ole Lame? I'd have to throw in an element of stupid or something akin for both of them.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame

These are my sentiments exactly.

While I think it's great for a coach to man up and refuse to kiss any other coach's six o'clock, I would prefer that my coach not stoop to the level of name calling and acting like a 13-year old Bunker poster.

As a famous and well loved man once said, "Act like you've been there."

(even if you haven't)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.