News Article: Vanderbilt’s James Franklin calls Saban “Nicky Satan”

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
He was talking about CNS? I just thought he was confused about a member of Fleetwood Mac.

It is going to be a long off-season. My outrage meter must be broken, because it hasn't budged.

Everyone, from our bitter rivals, to the lowest nobodies, envies Bama's success, and wishes they could replicate it. Better this, than 10 years ago.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
He was talking about CNS? I just thought he was confused about a member of Fleetwood Mac.

It is going to be a long off-season. My outrage meter must be broken, because it hasn't budged.

Everyone, from our bitter rivals, to the lowest nobodies, envies Bama's success, and wishes they could replicate it. Better this, than 10 years ago.
Exactly.
I dont think it worried Coach Saban, so I just don't see why it should worry me.
Coach Franklin looks worse for making the statement, and Coach Saban holds the high ground by not responding to it.

Moving on to other news.

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
I don't understand how anyone who has watched a Franklin coached team, with
ALL their late hits, cheap-shots and chippy play, would think he ever had any class.
Vandy is as dirty as any team in the NCAA.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
To bad that Franklin and the UGA DC were seperated after the game in Nashville in 2011. IMO Franklin is a thug who happens to coach at a supposedly nationally acclaimed academic school and therefore will get a pass from the media.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
I bet Coach Saban laughed when he heard it. To be the best, you have to beat the best. When Coach Franklin beats Coach Saban, he'll be worth a listen. Otherwise just see it for what it is, one coach making a lighthearted joke about another coach. Spurrier has made millions doing the same thing.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I just don't get why anybody would want to make an issue out of this. Remember when our beloved St. Nick made the crack about an LSU fan reacting like he'd done his wife or something when he took the Alabama job?
Coaches, even the CEO types, are still coaches and their "off-the-record" humor is still pretty close to playground/locker-room because it's all they've ever known. Musicians, racers, and school teachers also fall into this '"Juvenal-outlook-forever" because something inside never quite grows all the way up.
Ya got to add Policemen and Lawyers to the guys with 'Droll Humor'.
Sometimes if it wasn't for 'Gallows Humor', we'd have no humor at all.

(May be because we share the same clientele.)

Sorry Earl and any other 'Legal Beagle' I just offended.
It's sometimes too easy to offend now days.
(Just comes natural to some of us)

Last edited:

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
I agree that the overuse of any cliche including....that word makes me weary.

I am weary of reading on this board, which I do daily, the use of class, classy, classless or a relative facsimile thereof, on the Bama board.

Please find another word to describe folks on this board or from other boards.

:cool2:
I prefer cretins and thugs.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Saban was probably more irritated by having to stop what he was doing to take time to accept a silly apology than he was by being referred to by a silly name. His time is valuable, and Franklin's reference (will work as hard as...) just shows that Saban is the standard by which the rest measure themselves.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.