49'er Culliver "Gays not Welcome in the Locker Room"

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
And I'd argue if we're going to let a man who is naturally attracted to other men in a locker room with other men then we should have no problem with straight men (whether it be reporters or coaches) in the locker rooms of women. Agree or disagree?
Troublemaker...;)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
And I'd argue if we're going to let a man who is naturally attracted to other men in a locker room with other men then we should have no problem with straight men (whether it be reporters or coaches) in the locker rooms of women. Agree or disagree?
A few words on women in NFL locker rooms
The WNBA -- the playoffs are going on right now -- has the same rules as the NBA. Open locker rooms at designated times. In the NCAA tournament, the same rules govern both men and women's locker rooms -- they're both open at specific times. During the regular season, NCAA institutions can make their own rules about locker room availability, but during the tournament the NCAA has a uniform policy. When Stanford played UConn in last April's championship, if you wanted to see how devastated Jayne Appel was after her terrible shooting night, you needed to be in the locker room. I was there. So were my male colleagues.
Agree.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I have not problem with any of it as long as it applies to everybody. For example I'm sure Coach Harbaugh or any other player doesn't wait until everybody is completely dress when decides to speak to his team or walk into the room where they are. So, does a male coach of a female team have the right to do this? Because it's all apart of the same ball of wax.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I have not problem with any of it as long as it applies to everybody. For example I'm sure Coach Harbaugh or any other player doesn't wait until everybody is completely dress when decides to speak to his team or walk into the room where they are. So, does a male coach of a female team have the right to do this? Because it's all apart of the same ball of wax.
You aren't going to get a straight answer to this question. But, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you hanging out in the women's locker room at the Y with their wives/daughters...... ESPECIALLY if you pinky-swear that you aren't attracted to them :rolleye2:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
You aren't going to get a straight answer to this question. But, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you hanging out in the women's locker room at the Y with their wives/daughters...... ESPECIALLY if you pinky-swear that you aren't attracted to them :rolleye2:
The thing is, they are pinky-swearing that they are attracted to them...

Just to throw another wrench in the proverbial spoke.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
You aren't going to get a straight answer to this question. But, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you hanging out in the women's locker room at the Y with their wives/daughters...... ESPECIALLY if you pinky-swear that you aren't attracted to those particular women, just all the others :rolleye2:
The thing is, they are pinky-swearing that they are attracted to them...

Just to throw another wrench in the proverbial spoke.
fixed... :)

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Okay. Great. So should we go ahead assume that this will be the case in every case? And down the road if a straight guy complains about an openly gay teammate possibly checking him out and it making him feel uncomfortable, we'll just use this one example and chastise the straight guy and say "You're wrong. You're just homophobic."?
I think he's implying that they would've beaten Delta State in the championship game if they had had an all heterosexual football team. :) What's up with the State of Pennsylvania anyway?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'd argue that the freedom of a gay man to participate in sporting events trumps the potential discomfort a straight man might have with that situation.
Aren't straight men equally protected from being in a "hostile work environment"? For example, let's say women in their place of employment were required to change clothes in a room open to the view of men. Would that constitute a form of sexual harassment? If not, why not? If it does, why wouldn't requiring straight men to change clothes in a room open to the view of homosexual men constitute the same form of sexual harassment?

The simple solution, as someone else noted, is to have separate/private changing facilities.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
My gut reaction to all the hubbub made over homosexuality is "get over it"

In my high school dorm, we had communal showers, and if someone didn't shower in front of others, that would have been odd. Though nobody was openly gay at the time, some were suspected, and some of the guys later revealed themelves to be gay, and in 4 years, I do not recall in an incident of anybody having a real problem with anybody else. Heck, we thought the resident faculty adviser was gay, and that didn't seem to really bother anybody.

If you are in the habit of showering with others present, such as in a gym, you've probably been naked in front of a a gay person, and you've been "checked out" even if their reaction was "blargh"

Maybe I have been blessed with the good fortune to have been around great gay people my whole life, but until the prevailing attitude is "so what?" that blessing isn't going to be common.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.