The rest of the schedule

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I was looking at the rest of the schedule, and here is what we got, including opponent RPI (RealtimeRPI.com rating)
Arky 97
@ Vandy 127
@ Auburn 213
LSU 144
@ Georgia 149
SC 193
MSU 223
@ LSU 144
Auburn 213
@ Florida 5
@ Ole Miss 37
Georgia 149

Assuming the Dance is still a possibilty, there sure doesn't look like a lot of room for error.

FWIW, the Realtime RPI projects 7-4 (19-11), with road losses to Ole Miss, LSU, Gerogia, and Florida

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
That actually looks about right to me. RPI is going to be a major problem unless we be Ole Miss or Florida and not lose any more games at home and only 1 or 2 or the road.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Don't forget about a decent run in the sec tournament. I don't see us getting in the big dance with more than 6 conference losses and at least making it past the semi finals. We have 2 right now, but the remainder with the exception of ole miss and florida are weak. We need to beat those weaker teams and beat ole miss or florida, both would be great though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Who'da thunk that one day, our conference schedule might send us to the NIT. Used to be our OOC every year that helped or hurt. Wow. The SEC sucks...

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I am really disappointed at the SEC they are not having a good year at all. All I hope is we finally end the drought up in Vandy on Saturday. They have owned us up there for a long, long, long time now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

lorange

1st Team
Jan 21, 2005
Who'da thunk that one day, our conference schedule might send us to the NIT. Used to be our OOC every year that helped or hurt. Wow. The SEC sucks...
How many times can you lose at home to Dayton, Mercer, and Tulane and make it to the tourney? All we have to do is win the SEC tourney and we're in.

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
It would take winning out to make the tournament at this point, and that's far from likely or even remotely possible.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If we lose to LSU today and one other bad loss, we might not make the NIT. I'll be there today regardless.

I'm pretty frustrated with the program right now though. Grant deserves and will get another year at least to right the ship.

RTR

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
I just don't see how Grant deserves another year. If we expected Mike Shula to turn around the football program in 4 years, we should certainly expect a basketball coach to. The bottom line is: we haven't improved at all.

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
UGA's rpi is much improved. we were 119 before today's win and that could jump to close to 100 or better. we have won 5 in a row and we get you guys in athens on wednesday. maybe someone can tell me more about how good bama is? what are your strengths/weaknesses? i haven't had a chance to see much of alabama this year.

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
We're a hard team to watch. Defensively we can hold our own, but we're offensively challenged. It's hard to say what's going to happen, because we've been so up and down all year. Most of our games have been close

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
Ummm....Shula took over a program that was 10-3 the year before he was hired.
You can't possibly argue that Shula took over more talent than Grant did, despite the records. Shula inherited an inexperienced team with some of the toughest sanctions ever imposed on a program.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I'm not going to get sidetracked into that argument, but Grant was in a worse situation when he came aboard. There were attitude issues galore along with talent issues. Whereas Shula fomented attitude problems, Grant has disposed of them - some of them the most talented players on the team. We are paying the price in the short-term, but the long-term rewards will be worth it.

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
I agree, but 4 years is more than enough time to replace an entire basketball team. And let's not forget all of these players are his. It comes down to recruiting and to scheme. Neither are where they need to be

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.