Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 33
  1. #14
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    Simple logic: if you have ten teams and play the other nine, your championship is a GUARANTEED rematch - so much for every game counts.

    A stupid idea in a league with a patent on stupid ideas.
    :13

  2. Advertisement
  3. #15
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milan, TN
    Posts
    1,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Simple logic: if you have ten teams and play the other nine, your championship is a GUARANTEED rematch - so much for every game counts.

    A stupid idea in a league with a patent on stupid ideas.
    I don't mind the idea of a rematch.

    It's unfair for teams like Notre Dame to make it to the BCSCG without playing a championship game. It's a GUARANTEED quality opponent in a league with a bunch of powder puffs.

  4. #16
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    I don't mind the idea of a rematch.

    It's unfair for teams like Notre Dame to make it to the BCSCG without playing a championship game. It's a GUARANTEED quality opponent in a league with a bunch of powder puffs.
    So was it unfair for us in 2011?
    :13

  5. #17
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sylacauga, AL
    Posts
    2,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    Why do any of us care? Let them schedule it, and continue to knock themselves out of contention.

  6. #18
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    What has been so great with the SECCG is that rematches are rare. There have been 21 title games and only seven rematches. And 3 of the last 5 have been de facto semi-final games, with the winner advancing to the title.
    :13

  7. #19
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milan, TN
    Posts
    1,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    So was it unfair for us in 2011?
    Are you asking about the rematch or Bama advancing?

    I didn't have any problem with a rematch.

    A lot of people had trouble with a non-conference champion advancing. I didn't, but the difference is the SEC clearly had the two best teams. If the Big 12 never plays a championship game the conference champion has a decided advantage because of less wear and tear on the athletes.

  8. #20
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arab, AL
    Posts
    8,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    I wouldn't want them to get the special treatment. Every other conference had to play by the rules and now we're going to change them because the Big 12 never could get its act together and lost 4 of its best programs? (Well actually 3 minus Colorado).

    No, they should have to add two more teams to get to the required number. I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the fact that every other conference had to do it by the rules in place and for the fact that the Big 12 brought this upon itself.

  9. #21
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sylacauga, AL
    Posts
    2,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    I just don't get it...

    First everyone complains about them not having a title game, now everyone complains because they want one but don't want the two extra members right now? That confuses me.. I think having ten teams, playing round robin schedules, and having a title game is the perfect fit for them... It will just keep knocking people out of contention... Sometimes I feel like people are looking for a reason to complain..

  10. #22
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    Who the heck cares what the Big XII does?

  11. #23
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Anniston, Alabama
    Posts
    8,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I wouldn't want them to get the special treatment. Every other conference had to play by the rules and now we're going to change them because the Big 12 never could get its act together and lost 4 of its best programs? (Well actually 3 minus Colorado).

    No, they should have to add two more teams to get to the required number. I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the fact that every other conference had to do it by the rules in place and for the fact that the Big 12 brought this upon itself.
    Exactly..Whether or not you agree with the NCAA rules..Just obey & play by the rules all D1 teams have to go by..Pretty simple..Add 2 more schools or don't have a Championship Game..
    Last edited by TideMan09; January 31st, 2013 at 08:39 PM.

  12. #24
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arab, AL
    Posts
    8,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    I just don't get it...

    First everyone complains about them not having a title game, now everyone complains because they want one but don't want the two extra members right now? That confuses me.. I think having ten teams, playing round robin schedules, and having a title game is the perfect fit for them... It will just keep knocking people out of contention... Sometimes I feel like people are looking for a reason to complain..
    It's pretty simple. Follow the process everyone else had to. I actually don't care if they stay at 10 teams and don't have a title game.

    And as for me personally, I have a lot of contempt for that league. Actually, a lot of contempt for Texas. Which is pretty much that league.

  13. #25
    BamaNation All-American edwd58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Big XII wants title game even with just X teams

    As long as the SEC has a title game that we potentially have to play in and win to advance, I want every other league to have to do likewise; let's try to maintain some semblance of an even playing field. That's why ND should have to join a conference, but continue to refuse.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

  14. #26
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    8,415
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    I just don't get it...

    First everyone complains about them not having a title game, now everyone complains because they want one but don't want the two extra members right now? That confuses me.. I think having ten teams, playing round robin schedules, and having a title game is the perfect fit for them... It will just keep knocking people out of contention... Sometimes I feel like people are looking for a reason to complain..
    Maybe it's simple mathematics. Dividing the income from a championship game by 10 is certainly more favorable than dividing it by 12.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!