Favorite Bama win on the season

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Had to be the BCSNCG no doubt. At the beginning of the season I told several people I'd like nothing more than to get either USCw or Notre Dame in the BCSNCG and dog stomp them all over the field in front of God and the entire world. Check.
I'm hoping you would never abuse a dog the way Bama abused ND. ;)

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
1 - Exposing Notre Dame; for decades, I've cheered for them to lose every single game against everybody they play. So it wasn't a thrilling game; given that the Irish were the opponent getting slapped down, I'm quite OK with that. :)

2 - It's always good for Auburn to not even be competitive.

(aside: On further review, it seems I'm not one of those noble fans who wants every team we play to be great & put up a tough fight. I'm not at all against us blowing out Auburn & Notre Dame, and I like Auburn's seasons to be the way 2012 season was. :biggrin2:)

3 - Meeshigan being processed. Nice dose of "shut up & go play with your little buddies up north; we're all busy playing real football here."

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
1) LSU- Maybe it was the alcohol, but I felt I was dreaming when I saw Yeldon catch that screen and go untouched into the endzone. I think it literally took me 10 seconds to realize it really happened. Then I ran around outside yelling "ROLL TIDE" as loud as I could along with the rest of my neighbors.
Ditto on LSU. I thought I was dreaming as well and I watched it live. I think it took me about as long as it did for you before I went ballistic and had every corndog around me giving me the staredown.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Coming into this year I had been to four Tide games, all on the road. This year alone I went to three - Michigan (here), MSU, and Auburn. We won those games by a combined 128-21 and never trailed. I think 2 of the TDs were against the second string iirc.

That was fun.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Coming into this year I had been to four Tide games, all on the road. This year alone I went to three - Michigan (here), MSU, and Auburn. We won those games by a combined 128-21 and never trailed. I think 2 of the TDs were against the second string iirc.

That was fun.
We were very, very impressive in the opener against Michigan. I think a lot of coaches of aspiring teams sat up in their chairs and thought 'uh oh'!

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Thats a really tough question, Notre Dame was Notre Dame and beating them was fantastic. But the LSU and UGA games felt the best. of course blanking AUB was great.

Western Kentucky, definitely.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
LSU and Georgia, for different reasons.

LSU because we were really outplayed for about 40+ minutes (1Q, 3Q and first 10 minutes of 4Q), and Metzenberger had a Garcia game. But we dug down deep and found a way to stop them on 4th down late, and took it the length when by all rights, we should have lost.

Georgia for kind of the opposite -- We played UGA into the ground. That game shouldn't have been close. But mistakes could have killed us. Blocked kick for TD. Fumble going in for a TD, followed by an interception in the EZ, missed assignments letting UGA get out of bounds in their own last drive when they had no time-outs. We made enough mistakes to lose to three good teams. But we didn't. We found a way to make a play late and time ran out with UGA 5 yards short, acknowledging they had no business being within 2 TDs.

In both cases, we had to overcome adversity. Against LSU, that adversity was LSU playing well. Against Georgia, it was our own mistakes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.