Increase in Taxes

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
I believe he is talking about Alabama tax since federal income tax only increased for upper incomes and I dont think teachers would be effected.:eek:
You are freaking DEAD WRONG. Of course you have to have a job to notice it. Everyone who has a job had their taxes go up 2%. The "Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011" was not extended. I believe that this is part of the federal taxes but just shown in a different box on the "W-2.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Rasputin, you are part of the government you rail against. True that you haven't gotten a cost of living raise in 4 years and your health insurance contribution has gone up. But you pay, what, $150 a month for a cadillac family health insurance plan that would cost me $1600 a month. You have an extremely generous retirement that you can get after 25 years of service. Not to mention holidays and summers off. Are you tenured?

You are like the federal civil service worker ranting against government spending as he takes his paycheck to the bank. No sympathy for you from me. Sorry.
Our paychecks have been deducted by 4% over the past few years. Cost of living has gone up. They are now trying to pass legislation that would tweak our sick days and make a sick bank illegal. The few "perks" a teacher did have are disappearing right in front of our eyes as I type this..

As far as summers off. I coach and work every day during the summer months, going into work at 6 a.m.

I am not complaining about working, I love putting in the work it takes to make my teams, my self, and my family successful.

What I am complaining about is a corrupt government who continues to pad its pockets at the expense of everyone else. And I'm sorry if that offends you but I will call it like I see it, even if it isn't what some of you want to hear!

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
No. It doesn't offend me.

Good.

And for the record, I don't want anyone feeling "sorry for me."

This thread wasn't started for a "pity party" to ensue. It was started to voice an opinion and vent.

I got a hot wife, drive a nice car, got money in the bank, and have been extremely blessed throughout my life.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Teachers are part of the whole country. Even government workers are losing their benefits to. The good benefits are gone except for elected officials and these are the same ones that have put us all in this boat.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Of course you do.
You're a Democrat. ;)
touche; but i'm guessing from your posts you haven't met many georgia republicans ;) fwiw, i live in a congressional district that hasn't had a republican run since i've been here (or at least that i've heard of, i did cast a vote against john lewis last time, but honestly i didn't even look at the name and affiliation, it was a choice other than lewis), the same for my city (East Point). at the state level, i get the choice to vote for dumb or dumber, or some dude with too much time on his hands looking for a bit of attention and running on the libertarian ticket (for which i've voted for state level offices in the last two state elections). i have cast many votes for myself, my daughter, my dog, mickey mouse, etc over the past 12 years, but i have cast a ballot in every election since i turned 18.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
You are freaking DEAD WRONG. Of course you have to have a job to notice it. Everyone who has a job had their taxes go up 2%. The "Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011" was not extended. I believe that this is part of the federal taxes but just shown in a different box on the "W-2.
No, I specifically said 'income tax' to differentiate from 'payroll tax' to avoid this kind of statement where we argue over semantics if an expiring temporary cut is an increase or not.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
No, I specifically said 'income tax' to differentiate from 'payroll tax' to avoid this kind of statement where we argue over semantics if an expiring temporary cut is an increase or not.
Let's face it if it decreases my pay it is an increase in my expense, any excuses are semantics. Now did I think it was smart to lower the contribution to Social Security while it is headed to insolvency? No. But if you want the credit for a cut you must be willing to take the hit if you raise it back, it's called manning up.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
What I am complaining about is a corrupt government who continues to pad its pockets at the expense of everyone else. And I'm sorry if that offends you but I will call it like I see it, even if it isn't what some of you want to hear!
When a government can give themselves raises and pass legislation that doesn't apply to them or their families. What else needs to happen before citizens realize they are being had?

Sometimes I think we as a society have become over civilized.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.