Increase in Taxes

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
What are your thoughts about the tax increase that we are paying?

As a teacher we have lost 4% of our paychecks over the past few years, while cost of living continues to grow exponentially.

Our government continues to ignore the masses who plea to them to cut back on spending, yet they continue to spend huge amounts, causing great waste, and their answer...increase taxes on the middle class!

The State Legislature continues to give themselves RAISES, but raises taxes on others. They are also able to retire and receive "retirement" pensions after only serving 4 years, while a teacher has to work 30 years to receive full benefits.

I am sick and tired of the "good ole boy" system our government continues to run on. Until the masses join hands and demand a change, the corruption is going to continue!

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
92 will be on here in a moment telling you that Obama is coming for your guns.

;)

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I'm fairly confident that we could replace the AL state legislature with a herd of rabid orangutans and get better results.

But yeah, the process is broken. While part of the problem is that we keep re-electing people, the larger reality is that the electoral process--specifically the amount of coin needed to run a campaign--makes it virtually impossible to get someone elected who isn't beholden to the status quo.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
92 will be on here in a moment telling you that Obama is coming for your guns.

;)
sorry i didn't respond quickly enough, i was downstairs answering the door. they showed up and took all of my guns and told me to move to somalia ;)

anyway, i thought teachers were overpaid public employee leeches that were takin all of my hard urned money from me through union thuggery or something like that

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Government jobs and the government way of life in general has become a safe haven for financial security on the backs of the taxpayers. It's not going to end because truth be told they don't want it to end. I've decided that "cutting spending" is a laughable topic and an inside joke among both parties in the white house when the cameras and reporters leave. They all walk around saying to each other "We need to cut spending" in a sarcastic way as they pass in the hall.

Do we really think this government is going to cut spending in a material way? The answer is no. It is simply not going to happen and until the taxpayers simply do something radical to get their attention, we need to just accept it.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Do we really think this government is going to cut spending in a material way? The answer is no. It is simply not going to happen and until the taxpayers simply do something radical to get their attention, we need to just accept it.
Until we stop accepting it, something radical is not going to happen...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I dunno...I'd put Mo Brooks and Shadrack McGill up against just about anybody...
To paraphrase Shadrack; "Teachers should be paid very little. Teachers should teach for the love of the job. Teaching should be a calling." At the same meeting; " Our legislators should be well paid so the best can be attracted to public service":confused:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.