Increase in Taxes

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
What are your thoughts about the tax increase that we are paying?

As a teacher we have lost 4% of our paychecks over the past few years, while cost of living continues to grow exponentially.

Our government continues to ignore the masses who plea to them to cut back on spending, yet they continue to spend huge amounts, causing great waste, and their answer...increase taxes on the middle class!

The State Legislature continues to give themselves RAISES, but raises taxes on others. They are also able to retire and receive "retirement" pensions after only serving 4 years, while a teacher has to work 30 years to receive full benefits.

I am sick and tired of the "good ole boy" system our government continues to run on. Until the masses join hands and demand a change, the corruption is going to continue!
Keep stupid and lazy people (or those on the dole) from voting and this problem would solve itself in short order.
Of course, Democrats (and 92tide) would scream bloody murder if lazy and stupid people (or dole recipients) couldn't vote any more.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Keep stupid and lazy people (or those on the dole) from voting and this problem would solve itself in short order.
Of course, Democrats (and 92tide) would scream bloody murder if lazy and stupid people (or dole recipients) couldn't vote any more.
then the tea baggers, er i mean tea party would be screwed

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
You guys think Alabama and Georgia are bad, but Oregon is unbelievable. I swear they wake up every morning and think "how can we help the fewest people, but hurt the most people possible at the same time". It's ridiculous. I think some of you Southern liberals on here would be outraged too.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
You guys think Alabama and Georgia are bad, but Oregon is unbelievable. I swear they wake up every morning and think "how can we help the fewest people, but hurt the most people possible at the same time". It's ridiculous. I think some of you Southern liberals on here would be outraged too.

That's a common trait among all politicians.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I should have said, "Democrats would scream bloody murder and 92tide would post a satirical comment that he (and seemingly no one else) finds funny."
then the tea baggers, er i mean tea party would be screwed

I would take those odds. If someone is lazy and/or stupid (however defined*), I don't want them voting regardless of party affiliation. In general, I would wager that eliminating the stupid and the lazy would hurt the Democrats more than any other party.

* It would not matter too much whether one tested a voting candidate's "stupidity" through some standardized test like ACT scores, or high school GPA, or some ad hoc test, and "lazy" being demonstrated by having some form of gainful employment within the last week/month/year. Just about any objective test of those two characteristics would hammer the Democrats into the ground electorally, which is why they would cry like rats eating onions if such a voter qualification were adopted.

Cue the 92tide satirical response now...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I should have said, "Democrats would scream bloody murder and 92tide would post a satirical comment that he (and seemingly no one else) finds funny."

I would take those odds. If someone is lazy and/or stupid (however defined*), I don't want them voting regardless of party affiliation. In general, I would wager that eliminating the stupid and the lazy would hurt the Democrats more than any other party.

* It would not matter too much whether one tested a voting candidate's "stupidity" through some standardized test like ACT scores, or high school GPA, or some ad hoc test, and "lazy" being demonstrated by having some form of gainful employment within the last week/month/year. Just about any objective test of those two characteristics would hammer the Democrats into the ground electorally, which is why they would cry like rats eating onions if such a voter qualification were adopted.

Cue the 92tide satirical response now...
its unfortunate the burden placed on the intellegencia by the ones they deem stupid

and i might add that quite a few folks find the idea of medicaid and social security dependent retirees attending tea party rallies on their rascals fairly amusing.

Last edited:

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
Still can't pump your own gas?

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
its unfortunate the burden placed on the intellegencia by the ones they deem stupid

and i might add that quite a few folks find the idea of medicaid and social security dependent retirees attending tea party rallies on their rascals fairly amusing.
What part of, "regardless of party affiliation" are you not understanding!?

Quit standing behind the ignorant fog of the Democratic lie and throwing stones at people who actually want to see a change for the better. I am not a Republican or a Democrat because I believe that they both do not have my best interest in mind.

Be a thinker and not a sheep for once and maybe people will start to respect your opinion. The blinded back and forth banter between Republicans and Democrats is getting old.

Quit arguing over spilled milk, while the neighborhood bully is stealing your wallet from behind. Open your eyes for once!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
It's going to screw me bigtime, most people get this tax increase during time but since taxes are not taken from my check I have to pay all mine next month. I'm going to dread seeing my 1099!!!

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Just do what I did and get you a federal job then you can laugh at civilians left and right (and 92). Why just the other day I gave myself a raise! I mean who knew!!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
What part of, "regardless of party affiliation" are you not understanding!?

Quit standing behind the ignorant fog of the Democratic lie and throwing stones at people who actually want to see a change for the better. I am not a Republican or a Democrat because I believe that they both do not have my best interest in mind.

Be a thinker and not a sheep for once and maybe people will start to respect your opinion. The blinded back and forth banter between Republicans and Democrats is getting old.

Quit arguing over spilled milk, while the neighborhood bully is stealing your wallet from behind. Open your eyes for once!
the post i was responding to kept bringing up democrats and stupidity, i was just pointing out that both sides do it. maybe if you opened your eyes you would have seen that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.