Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Auburn Announces the Trees Will Be Rolled One Last Time on April 20

They are an AG school, cant they transplant trees ?

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    They are an AG school, cant they transplant trees ?
    Think that's what they're planning. I hope they choose a species more fitted to the climate than live oaks, which generally range well south of there. However, knowing them, they will replace with the same...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team Elefantman's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Think that's what they're planning. I hope they choose a species more fitted to the climate than live oaks, which generally range well south of there. However, knowing them, they will replace with the same...
    Maybe they could go with fake cell phone tower trees. At least they could make up for some of the lost revenues due to the drop in ticket sales.

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    Burning couches is already taken, so what stupid tradition will they think if next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, they could toss cow chips. They should have enough for all students/professors.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I don' feel sorry for any of those yahoos. It is further evidence that those folks are nothing more than a delusional cult.

That's what the rest of the entire nation thinks about Bama fans.

I for one *DO* hate that this transplant Texan named Updyke came into MY state and messed with OUR rivalry with Auburn.

He's just some lonely old man who wanted to be a part of something because daddy didn't put down the bottle long enough to spend time with him.

I can't understand why ANYONE would condone this outsider's involvement with OUR state's rivalry.

Roll Tide but screw Updyke.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ganu76 View Post
    I for one *DO* hate that this transplant Texan named Updyke came into MY state and messed with OUR rivalry with Auburn.
    Spoken like a Moo guy. Auburn screwed the rivalry with Dye, Lowder, Housel and Fear the Thumb Tubs.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Buh bye

WalMart is selling plastic replicas of the trees, next to the Auburn caps. Yes really.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantman View Post
    Maybe they could go with fake cell phone tower trees. At least they could make up for some of the lost revenues due to the drop in ticket sales.

You haven't read that, according to the self-generated numbers they turned into the WSJ, they are one of the most valuable franchises in college football, worth millions more than Bama, believe it or not...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I've said all along they should use the wood from the trees to make furniture and other barn stuff to sell. I'm sure there are some boogs that would pay big $$$ for an authenic Toomer's Oak rocker with Aubie cushions.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGoose View Post
    Spoken like a Moo guy. Auburn screwed the rivalry with Dye, Lowder, Housel and Fear the Thumb Tubs.
    Yeah, because all of those are as bad as attacking a tradition. I mean, the whole thumb thing is less harmless than the rye grass they sowed.

Updyke poisoning the trees is along the same lines as one of those barners destroying our Bryant statue. I mean destroying, **never to be replaced**. (Don't give me any sob story about some duct tape and a jersey either.)

What surprises me is the number of Alabamians who condone what this retired TEXAS cop decided to do once he finally moved to our state.

He has ZERO idea what it's like to grow up with our rivalry or how we're raised from birth to pick sides. He's just some outsider who wants to be a part of something, so he decided that Alabama football was "important" to him.

The guy is a loon. A mental case. He tried to name his kid Ally Bama. Who wants to be associated with someone like that?

Guess it's the mature part in me coming out right now. You know, the part that knows how to act in public. The part that knows how to act when it matters.

Screw cheating Auburn. I love seeing them take their place with the rest of the bottom dwellers... but screw Updyke more.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Isn't A-Day on the 20th? Weird coincidence...

"Rolling the corner is a uniquely Auburn tradition, and whether we roll trees or other structures, the camaraderie and sense of togetherness is part of what makes Auburn a special place."

Anyone else sensing there's some kind of creepy obsession with toilets around that place?