Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn Announces the Trees Will Be Rolled One Last Time on April 20

Quote Originally Posted by ganu76 View Post
    Yeah, because all of those are as bad as attacking a tradition. I mean, the whole thumb thing is less harmless than the rye grass they sowed.

Updyke poisoning the trees is along the same lines as one of those barners destroying our Bryant statue. I mean destroying, **never to be replaced**. (Don't give me any sob story about some duct tape and a jersey either.)

What surprises me is the number of Alabamians who condone what this retired TEXAS cop decided to do once he finally moved to our state.

He has ZERO idea what it's like to grow up with our rivalry or how we're raised from birth to pick sides. He's just some outsider who wants to be a part of something, so he decided that Alabama football was "important" to him.

The guy is a loon. A mental case. He tried to name his kid Ally Bama. Who wants to be associated with someone like that?

Guess it's the mature part in me coming out right now. You know, the part that knows how to act in public. The part that knows how to act when it matters.

Screw cheating Auburn. I love seeing them take their place with the rest of the bottom dwellers... but screw Updyke more.
    I haven't seen or heard the first Alabama fan condone what he did.

I don't condone it. I also don't shed a tear for a lunatic fan base that was slowly but surely killing the trees themselves.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    Isn't A-Day on the 20th? Weird coincidence...
    Either the Crimson or White will lose that day, so they will have something to celebrate.

My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

A good replacement.

Pick up one of these from Hobby Lobby and they should be good...

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Such a sad, sad day.

Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates "Hotter than Dog Days here!!!"
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Such a sad, sad day.

I am sure I heard "Ear Wiggle" at the end of that.
    "WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE DOWN THERE? DON'T Y'ALL TAKE YOUR FOOTBALL SERIOUSLY?" -- Coach Bryant, upon calling Auburn at 6 AM only to find out that none of the coaches were in their offices yet!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Auburn Announces the Trees Will Be Rolled One Last Time on April 20

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    "Rolling the corner is a uniquely Auburn tradition..."

Apart from the poor grammar, that's still hilarious.
    Yes drop the ly and add stupid!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yesterday I visited 5 homes of Veterans that are in need of a few things like a roof that does not leak, a refrigerator that works, clean water, heat & a/c. We a putting together a plan & budget for next month to fix them.

So, this tree stuff really gets me. What has API done for the community?

We hear a lot about Alabama players stepping up. I would have a little more concern about the trees is it was not so self centered.

Do good & good things come back to you.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Yeah, because all of those are as bad as attacking a tradition. I mean, the whole thumb thing is less harmless than the rye grass they sowed.

Updyke poisoning the trees is along the same lines as one of those barners destroying our Bryant statue. I mean destroying, **never to be replaced**. (Don't give me any sob story about some duct tape and a jersey either.)

What surprises me is the number of Alabamians who condone what this retired TEXAS cop decided to do once he finally moved to our state.

He has ZERO idea what it's like to grow up with our rivalry or how we're raised from birth to pick sides. He's just some outsider who wants to be a part of something, so he decided that Alabama football was "important" to him.

The guy is a loon. A mental case. He tried to name his kid Ally Bama. Who wants to be associated with someone like that?

Guess it's the mature part in me coming out right now. You know, the part that knows how to act in public. The part that knows how to act when it matters.

Screw cheating Auburn. I love seeing them take their place with the rest of the bottom dwellers... but screw Updyke more.
    You need to chill.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

That's what the rest of the entire nation thinks about Bama fans.

I for one *DO* hate that this transplant Texan named Updyke came into MY state and messed with OUR rivalry with Auburn.

He's just some lonely old man who wanted to be a part of something because daddy didn't put down the bottle long enough to spend time with him.

I can't understand why ANYONE would condone this outsider's involvement with OUR state's rivalry.

Roll Tide but screw Updyke.
    FYI, Updyke is originally from Alabama who came back to HIS state after retirement. He is obviously certifiable, but HIS actions were HIS and not those of anyone on this site or any other Alabama fan. If you don't like criticism of auburn YOU are on the wrong site.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    They are an AG school, cant they transplant trees ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Think that's what they're planning. I hope they choose a species more fitted to the climate than live oaks, which generally range well south of there. However, knowing them, they will replace with the same...
    From the linked article:

To keep the tradition alive, the university and city will create structures at the College Street-Magnolia Avenue intersection that are suitable for rolling after the oaks are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ValuJet View Post
    "Rolling the corner is a uniquely Auburn tradition, and whether we roll trees or other structures, the camaraderie and sense of togetherness is part of what makes Auburn a special place."

Anyone else sensing there's some kind of creepy obsession with toilets around that place?
    My understanding is that they plan to erect a large toilet to replace the trees, it will have the added convenience that after they've rolled it, they can clean up with a simple flush.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Are you a regular visitor to Texags.com? As the A in your profile is a minimum 500 post guy on their site and here you claim to be a Bama fan with less than 100 posts here. Are you also WarAGle? Interesting you post on the thread there as well.
    http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...925&forum_id=5
    I visit texags but never post. Just find it interesting that you seldom post on Tidefans but you do on a A&M board.
    Last edited by BamaGoose; February 2nd, 2013 at 08:25 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Such a sad, sad day.

That is really disturbing.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18