Auburn Announces the Trees Will Be Rolled One Last Time on April 20

texasaggie84

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 28, 2012
Danville, CA
That's what the rest of the entire nation thinks about Bama fans.

I for one *DO* hate that this transplant Texan named Updyke came into MY state and messed with OUR rivalry with Auburn.

He's just some lonely old man who wanted to be a part of something because daddy didn't put down the bottle long enough to spend time with him.

I can't understand why ANYONE would condone this outsider's involvement with OUR state's rivalry.

Roll Tide but screw Updyke.
ganu76 - I read your post on Texags as well and agree. Updyke did no one any favors. He is an idiot and really proved it by poisoning the trees and on the ESPN show about the Alabama/Auburn rivalry.

Bad all the way around.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
FYI, Updyke is originally from Alabama who came back to HIS state after retirement. He is obviously certifiable, but HIS actions were HIS and not those of anyone on this site or any other Alabama fan. If you don't like criticism of auburn YOU are on the wrong site.
Actually, he was born and grew up in Milton, FL. There are a lot of Bama fans in the panhandle...

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
What they need to replace them with is something that is impervious to rolling and truly represents the Auburn tradition. I suggest a bronze statue. On the left, Cam running with a stolen laptop. On the right Pat holding his old friend and most trusted advisor, Black Jack Daniels. And in the center, towering over al, Bobby Lowder riding a Colonial Jet and cheerfully tossing handfuls of cash from a Colonial bank bag.

legba

3rd Team
Feb 25, 2009
Thompson's Station,TN
hate to see them dying, but since they are, cut them down and and send the trees to the saw mill. saw them up and make paper.....use the paper to print the history of BAMA football on them

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
It dates back all the way to the early '90s, when the power lines were buried and no longer available for rolling...

Didn't the rolling tradition begin after they won the '72 Iron Bowl on the block punts; Bama was ranked number 2 and one of the Auburn players commented about beating the number 2 out of Alabama--thus they got out the TP?

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
Didn't the rolling tradition begin after they won the '72 Iron Bowl on the block punts; Bama was ranked number 2 and one of the Auburn players commented about beating the number 2 out of Alabama--thus they got out the TP?
I think they just didn't know what toilet paper was for.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Also, for old times sake, immediately afterwards they will be pressure-washing the crap-, um, I mean the remaining life out those tired, old trees.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
You notice that the article states that they don't give a date on when they will remove them. I think they are using this as a way to get people to come to their spring game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes, but they rolled the power lines. If you want to take the time to Google, there are a lot of shots...

Snake 4 Bama

Scout Team
Jan 1, 2013
I think i will go get my picture made in front of the trees with my Bama gear on smiling. I can show it to my grandkids. I will tell them how the barners caught their trees and stadium on fire. LOL

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
"To keep the tradition alive, the university and city will create structures at the College Street-Magnolia Avenue intersection that are suitable for rolling after the oaks are gone.."

My favorite part. Surrogate trees -

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
ganu76 - I read your post on Texags as well and agree.
That thread on Texags is really creepy & a very bad reflection on your fanbase. Some on that thread want Updyke killed and almost none of the Aggies posting are aware of the true long-term viability of those trees before Updyke pulled his stunt.

I know you guys are trying your best to ingratiate yourself into the SEC, but you guys should really understand the situation a bit more before making the bizarre statements that prevail and are applauded in that thread. Do you guys really think that a rival fanbase slaughtering Bevo or Uga is less of an offense?

Examples below...

ganu76: I can only equate it to ME coming from over here and moving to Texas, claiming to be a big, big Aggie fan (something many of you guys grew up understanding and "getting") and then slaughtering Bevo

Ulrich:
IMO killing the oaks is a much bigger deal than killing Bevo would be.
69 BQ: "There are some people in this world who are alive today only, and only because, it's against the law to kill them".

This is a quote that you will hear from time to time. In this case ... it applies. What a total [...]. I truly hope that [his] death is as long and drawn out as it has been for that precious tree.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.