Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn Announces the Trees Will Be Rolled One Last Time on April 20

Here's my view on the trees.

I'm sorry the trees are dying. Not sorry for the barners so much as for the environment. Updyke is an idiot.... Period but the trees were going to eventually die anyway due to the "tradition" process. I wasn't a part of the "Tiders for Toomers" and have no intention to participate in any event they may have again. I don't want the barners in T-town during our celebrations and/or events so they can continue their deranged tradition without me as they have always done in the past. I don't need them and they don't need me. Whatever they choose to do with the corner is of their own twisted imagination.

Carry on!

RTR!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

How many trees do you think they've killed with the rolling. Saw that you only get 11 toilet paper rolls out of a tree. Maybe they should come up with a better way to celebrate trees than by throwing their dead family members on them.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ganu76 View Post
    That's what the rest of the entire nation thinks about Bama fans.

I for one *DO* hate that this transplant Texan named Updyke came into MY state and messed with OUR rivalry with Auburn.

He's just some lonely old man who wanted to be a part of something because daddy didn't put down the bottle long enough to spend time with him.

I can't understand why ANYONE would condone this outsider's involvement with OUR state's rivalry.

Roll Tide but screw Updyke.
    ganu76 - I read your post on Texags as well and agree. Updyke did no one any favors. He is an idiot and really proved it by poisoning the trees and on the ESPN show about the Alabama/Auburn rivalry.

Bad all the way around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    FYI, Updyke is originally from Alabama who came back to HIS state after retirement. He is obviously certifiable, but HIS actions were HIS and not those of anyone on this site or any other Alabama fan. If you don't like criticism of auburn YOU are on the wrong site.
    Actually, he was born and grew up in Milton, FL. There are a lot of Bama fans in the panhandle...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    That is really disturbing.
    Yes it is. I started laughing when watching it until I realized they were serious.....wow.
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation First Team Rattlehead82's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Lurking on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Actually, he was born and grew up in Milton, FL. There are a lot of Bama fans in the panhandle...
    Man...why'd you have to post that?

That's my home town. We're mostly normal down here!

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

What they need to replace them with is something that is impervious to rolling and truly represents the Auburn tradition. I suggest a bronze statue. On the left, Cam running with a stolen laptop. On the right Pat holding his old friend and most trusted advisor, Black Jack Daniels. And in the center, towering over al, Bobby Lowder riding a Colonial Jet and cheerfully tossing handfuls of cash from a Colonial bank bag.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

hate to see them dying, but since they are, cut them down and and send the trees to the saw mill. saw them up and make paper.....use the paper to print the history of BAMA football on them
    His eyes were piercing,ablaze with an intensity that Jacod had never seen before. He didn't know whether to flee or simply thank God this man was fighting on his side

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It dates back all the way to the early '90s, when the power lines were buried and no longer available for rolling...

Didn't the rolling tradition begin after they won the '72 Iron Bowl on the block punts; Bama was ranked number 2 and one of the Auburn players commented about beating the number 2 out of Alabama--thus they got out the TP?

BamaNation First Team Rattlehead82's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Lurking on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1985 View Post
    Didn't the rolling tradition begin after they won the '72 Iron Bowl on the block punts; Bama was ranked number 2 and one of the Auburn players commented about beating the number 2 out of Alabama--thus they got out the TP?
    I think they just didn't know what toilet paper was for.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, for old times sake, immediately afterwards they will be pressure-washing the crap-, um, I mean the remaining life out those tired, old trees.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You notice that the article states that they don't give a date on when they will remove them. I think they are using this as a way to get people to come to their spring game.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1985 View Post
    Yes, but they rolled the power lines. If you want to take the time to Google, there are a lot of shots...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus