Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Recipes

Re: Texas Board of Regents Calls an Emergency Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    The stink that is going to come from this is going to shake things up...
    I'd say so. This was a major disaster to let Major hang around for four years, with docked pay for a year, and peremptorily fire the female track coach for the same thing. Ouch! However, the SCOTUS has decided, in a case originating from Alabama, that state agencies are not bound by the 1964 CRA and its amendments, so that may get UT off the hook, unless there's a remedy under Texas law...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

This is going to be good. Better start making popcorn.
    "As slowly turns the grinding wheel
    In the court of the crimson king."

Shaggybevo in melt down. Of course, most are hoping it'll get Mack fired. The rumor is that she was a football trainer.

Turns out the track coach had a lesbian relationship with one of her athletes IN 2002!! I think Major was just doing a hot student. Huge difference.

Besides the AD had access to the students pictures so a fair judgement on what's right or wrong could be made by a simple game of "who-would-you-do".

Unless his girlfriend was a trainer or someone connected to the team in some way I don't see the problem from a legal standpoint. Maybe someone who understands the law better than I do (which would be ust about everyone) can explain it to me. I know Gottfried had a similar problem here, but he was a head coach. I know it looks bad, but would it be a problem if he wre an English professor?

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    The rumor is that she was a football trainer.
    But she would not have been under his direct supervision right? The lawyer was trying to use this as a president for the track coach and her athlete's relationship resulting in wrongful termination.
    What they got is a history of hush hush sex within the athletic department. Not received well by the press lately.

Major gets disciplined with a wage freeze and having to get counseling for a fling with a student, according to some posters on the linked site.

When a guy gets caught in the sack with a fine young thing, I always wonder about the effectiveness of counseling.

When they go that route, it seems more like them doing penance rather than a real attempt to get over their attraction for a fling. Kind of like wearing a hair shirt, as if to say "I've been a bad boy and won't do it again."

Tiger Woods needed counseling a while back too, if I remember correctly.

Was it a female student? I never saw that detail mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    Was it a female student? I never saw that detail mentioned.
    Maybe it's now politically incorrect to include that detail?

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Unless his girlfriend was a trainer or someone connected to the team in some way I don't see the problem from a legal standpoint. Maybe someone who understands the law better than I do (which would be ust about everyone) can explain it to me. I know Gottfried had a similar problem here, but he was a head coach. I know it looks bad, but would it be a problem if he wre an English professor?
    The attempt, by the T and F coach and her legal team, is to show different punishments for the "same crime" due to gender, sexual orientation, maybe even race, who knows. If the two indiscretions are deemed similar there could be a serious disaster on the horizon for UT athletics.
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Hahahahahahahaha
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha

I hope they draw an Aggie judge.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha
    I'd love to share that sentiment. Dubose and Price prevent me from crowing. Still,,, if it's bad for Texas it's good for me.