Texas Board of Regents Calls an Emergency Meeting

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Unless his girlfriend was a trainer or someone connected to the team in some way I don't see the problem from a legal standpoint. Maybe someone who understands the law better than I do (which would be ust about everyone) can explain it to me. I know Gottfried had a similar problem here, but he was a head coach. I know it looks bad, but would it be a problem if he wre an English professor?
The attempt, by the T and F coach and her legal team, is to show different punishments for the "same crime" due to gender, sexual orientation, maybe even race, who knows. If the two indiscretions are deemed similar there could be a serious disaster on the horizon for UT athletics.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Even though the "incident" happened before the game? :D
Applewhite did the trainer. So Football Karma demanded a sacrifice. So Colt had to get hurt, and there's been a disturbance in The Force ever since.

So maybe the refrain will go from, "If Cold hadn't gotten hurt," to "If Applewhite had kept his hands to himself." But I doubt it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
LOL. Never doubt the ability of a UT fan to twist it to make the connection.

BTW, I'm sure glad Applewhite was long gone from UA when this happened. For a number of reasons!
Same thing crossed my mind. Seeing the pix of the trainer in question, he's pretty non-discriminating. Of course, his wife was nine months pregnant and about to deliver...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Was the 2009 Fiesta Bowl the one where they had the bowl officials get in trouble over a wild party at a strip club?

I see the volleyball coach's lawyer is filing a suit over both race and gender. The hits just keep on coming.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.