Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Re: What's happened with Mike DuBose?

Was Dubose on the opposing sideline for that crazy lateral play on a kickoff add time expired that won the game?

He has paid his penance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Don't know if this is our Mike D or not. Still not quite getting it right, I'm afraid...

http://jacksonville.com/sports/high-...yer-costs-area
    A
    A
    Well, get un-tired, because tonite is 2-for-1 crab legs at Captain O’Landers.

Quote Originally Posted by bama61 View Post
    I respectfully disagree completely with this. The major culprits were a weak athletic director and a fan base so immersed in hero worship that they fervently believed that because DuBose had "played and coached for the Bear" that he automatically should accede to the head coaching job despite a total lack of experience since he "had paid his dues". Undergoing on-the-job training as head football coach at a place like Alabama is a pretty good guarantee of failure for most and Mike was no exception. I also felt that Mike Shula was pretty much a similar case and doomed to failure when he walked in the door...
    Yep!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

What's happened with Mike DuBose?

[QUOTE=HYGIE;2108464]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post

First off let me say I do not want to get suspended again. Mike DuBose was that easy target. There were several indiscretions under his administration however he was not the main link in the downfall of Alabama. Gene stallings is a man of impeccable character however everyone at the university during his tenure your was not squeaky clean. Everyone throws rocks at Dubose and no one asks or mentons indiscretions during Stallings tenure.
    Yeah, I'm not jumping on him for his integrity or anything like that, though I could. But the fact remains we imploded horrible under his tenure. I'm glad he's gone.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dtgreg View Post
    Don't know if this is our Mike D or not. Still not quite getting it right, I'm afraid...

http://jacksonville.com/sports/high-...yer-costs-area
    I doubt that is our Michael Lynn Dubose, married to Polly Martin Dubose. My research shows that Ms. Dubose uses Opp as her address, on a social media sight. Further, my research indicates a Nashville area address, which may or may not be current. Perhaps, they have grandchildren in that area. Plus, there may be opportunities to coach there. Hmm ... Titans? He does have pro assistant experience.
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

"Lateralpalooza": 2007 Millsaps vs Trinity (TX)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Was Dubose on the opposing sideline for that crazy lateral play on a kickoff add time expired that won the game?

He has paid his penance.

Last edited by banjeaux; February 2nd, 2013 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Dennis Franchione is 61 and just finished his second season at Texas State, where he has gone 10-24.

Mike Price is 66 and retired after last season following nine years at UTEP, where he went 48-61.

Mike Shula is 47 and was recently promoted to offensive co-ordinator of the Carolina Panthers.
    Great recap. Any idea what WriterMike is up to?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    He was at Milsaps for a few years and did well and then became an assistant at Memphis in 2010-2011. The staff was fired after the 2011 season and his wiki article doesn't say what he's been doing since.

Ray Perkins is 71 and is the head coach at Jones County Junior College in Mississippi. They went 6-3 last year in his first season.

Bill Curry is 70 and retired after last season following three years as the first ever head coach at Georgia State. He went 10-23 in his tenure there.

Gene Stallings is 77 and enjoying retirement on his Texas ranch.

Dennis Franchione is 61 and just finished his second season at Texas State, where he has gone 10-24.

Mike Price is 66 and retired after last season following nine years at UTEP, where he went 48-61.

Mike Shula is 47 and was recently promoted to offensive co-ordinator of the Carolina Panthers.
    Just doesn't seem like some of those guys should be that old. Time stops for no one.

WHO CARES? We just won #15! Let's just enjoy CNS and our current run.

RTR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Just doesn't seem like some of those guys should be that old. Time stops for no one.
    What would have been Coach Bryant's 100th birthday is three days before the Texas A&M game. I wonder if any special celebration is planned for the game.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Mike and his wife are living in Opp near her mother. They are taking care of Polly's sick mother. Mike is a volunteer coach at Opp High School.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan82 View Post
    Mike and his wife are living in Opp near her mother. They are taking care of Polly's sick mother. Mike is a volunteer coach at Opp High School.
    My in-laws live around the block from the Dubose's. This is up to date.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation All-American

I no longer have hard feelings toward Mike Dubose. He was a good DL coach, who was challenged as a DC, and wholly out of his depth as a HC.

As a whole, the Alabama fan base (myself included) demanded that he do something he was incapable of doing. Kind of like if you guys demanded that I dunk a basketball. The ability simply isn't there.

He made a ton of mistakes, on the field, on the administrative front, off the field, and as a husband and father. Some of that was personal weakness. Some of it was arrogance borne of ignorance. Some of it was the football coaching version of giving a Bugatti Veyron to a dim 16-year-old hopped up on youth, blissful stupidity, and testosterone, and whose personal background is entirely inadequate to prepare him for his new role. The ensuing wreck will be both inevitable and spectacular. And it was.

I no longer harbor ill will. But that doesn't mean I've forgotten the damage he did. Call it a truce and both sides move on, each leaving the other to whatever path is laid out for them.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller