Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: What's happened with Mike DuBose?

I harbored a lot of resentment for Mike Dubose for a long time. But, in the last few years, I've eased up. For one thing, Coach Saban has certainly helped ease the pain of the past. But, also, oddly enough, I kind of feel Dubose's pain. The reason why is because my father will ALWAYS hold over my head the things I did in my 20's. I was a wild one during those days and did a lot of bar hoping and drinking and spent way more money than I should have. Ironically, part of those wild times occurred while Dubose was the HC (1997-2000). I have long since grown up and lead a totally different life today. But, no matter. My father will never forgive my past under any circumstances. I could single handedly save the planet and my father would still hold my 20's over my head. "Just because today is different does not mean you get to rewrite yesterday" he likes to remind me. The man will go to his grave still upset with me over that. So, in light of that, I've become a little more forgiving of Dubose and other former head coaches!
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American TexasTideFan's Avatar

Re: What's happened with Mike DuBose?

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    Fran was devious and dishonest, two traits that separated him from the rest.
    I wonder if fRan ever sits in front of ESPN and sees what Alabama has become under Coach Saban and ponders, if I only would have stayed?