Game Thread: Bama at UGA Gymnatics

Bamabus Collins

Suspended
Jan 7, 2008
It is becoming very obvious that our gymnasts are not focused or simply aren't stepping up to do what needs to be done at championship caliber (and for the record, I've followed the program and aspects of it since 1988). To have the overwhelming core of a national championship team returning, you couldn't tell it from the four subpar performances we have turned in so far. Two straight home meets with two falls on events like floor and balance beam, where we are supposed to be strong? I'm wondering when we are going to decide it's time to compete for real and quit slogging around. UGA had their strongest meet of the year today and clearly did well, and Florida has already posted scores in the mid 197s. Florida's talent level has gotten and is staying scary. All said, we can't rest on our laurels or keep waiting for things to gel, because right now, we look like the third best team in this conference at best, and that's shaky. Next week's trip to Florida could get ugly - I've anticipated this one being a loss since before the season started, but at the rate we are going, I'm concerned about even being competitive against them. Love our team, but it's time to get it in gear ladies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.